Thread: Help with Universal Credit LCWRA

Help with Universal Credit LCWRA

I've been waiting to find out a decision in regards to LCW/LCWRA on universal credit. (Been over 5 months and a half since i applied)

I called the universal credit helpline today and they told me it says on the system I have LCWRA but they cant tell me how long it will be until it shows up on my unicersal credit online account. Glad to know i dont need to worry about the result anymore but bit confused as to what this means? I've called before and told there was nothing on the system so does this mean a decision has been made ?

If it's showing on the system that you have LCWRA then it looks that a decision has been made but the full details not yet entered.

With UC they don't send you a letter but put it on your journal instead.
    (It might be a good idea to take screenshots/print off everything that does appear on your journal, I know I will be doing that after I get migrated to UC).

LCWRA means that you have been awarded the equivalent of ESA Support Group, so you are in the 'No work-related requirements' group and do not have to do anything regarding working or preparing for work. (Again the same as ESA SG).
    Your only requirement should be to look at your UC journal regularly, and respond to anything on there when asked to.

You will now also be paid an extra £336.20 a month on your UC payments.

As this is a new Limitid Capability application then this extra payment will be backdated to the start of the 4th monthly UC assessment period, we covered just what this means in one of your earlier threads and worked out that you should get backpay to 13th Feb:
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...l=1#post162100
    (Note though that any backpayment due from Feb to April will be at last years rate of £328.32/month).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

I'm guessing this means i should find out on my journal quite quickly/receive the backpayment soon? Not getting my hopes up though

Also i had a look at my assesment period for Universal Credit and it's from the 10th to the 9th of every month. Does this mean I've just missed the assesment period for March's payment and will only be paid the extra amount from April?

Sorry you've lost me a bit there, it's already April 17th, have you not already had a payment yesterday/today?
    Do you not already have a statement of what they are paying this month on your journal?

Just reading back your old thread I believe that they have taken the date of your fit note as the start of your claim, they are allowed to backdate UC 1 month for illness/disability.

So despite what I said in that old thread you should be due LCWRA from 10th Jan.

If the full details of the award have not yet been entered on your claim the £336.20 LCWRA might not be in yesterdays/todays payment.
    Although it may be - that could be why it's on file but not with full details yet, in order to make sure you got it with this payment?

It should definitely be included in your next payment, which should be 7 days after the end of the current assessment period, ie. 16th/17th May.

Your backpayment could be at anytime depending on when they calculate it, keep checking your Journal and Bank Account.

I received my payment yesterday with no LCWRA added. It doesn't say anything on my UC journal yet either.

I'm guessing the decision must have been made not long before I called so it's still being processed like you said but I thought it would be on my account quite quickly. I'll wait till next week to see if it gets changed.

Thanks for explaining think the backdating of my UC due to illness does complicate it a bit fingers crossed will be backdated to January but will be happy to receive anything at this point!

So I've called a couple of times since and they said its showing as LCWRA on their system but i have to wait for the decision maker to post the letter to my account and this could take weeks/months apparently? Its now been 6 months since I applied and is a paper based assesment so is it normal for it to take so long? Just don't understand how the decision has been made but the decision maker still needs to post the letter to my account?

They've just told me the decision maker is currently deciding when to backdate my claim to, im guessing this part of the process can't take too long now?

Who knows? We'd just be guessing too.

They do seem to have trouble with UC and processing Limited Capability claims, probably because they see more jobseekers at the moment.

Hopefully with the Managed Migration Pilot comming up next month they will start to get more training about handling Limited Capability claims.
    (Although that may only happen in the pilot areas?)