Thread: Ibesa Underpayment, time machine required!

Ibesa Underpayment, time machine required!

A letter (and form) arrived regarding income related ESA underpayment, letter is dated 16th April, and requiring the form to be returned by 6th April. But I don’t have a time machine! Of course I can’t get to speak to anyone till Tuesday.

Or is this another way they’ve developed of conning people out of benefits by subsequently claiming that’ claimants forms were submitted late?

Probably just a typo, someone has copied and pasted you details into a standard letter and forgot to change one of the dates.

If this form is the ESA3(IBR) then it's the historical review of the migration from IB to ESA and it doesn't matter what date you send it back.
    TBH I've seen various versions of the covering letters, (ESA3WUL, ESA3QR, they keep changing them), but none of those I've got copied has a 'return by' date on it.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

The form I was sent had a covering note saying it should be sent back by a month from the date on the covering letter (27 March in my case).

I've pretty much decided to ignore it. Having inspected my affairs of seven years ago, I am now certain I'm not owed anything and really have better things to do with my time (and health) than fill out yet another vast DWP form.

Typical DWP. It's their fault. They could easily access their own records. But, no, they send out a 46 page form to potentially affected claimants to put the onus on them.

Flipping frustrating.

Hello,

I get the typo thing, but I’ve just spent the last few hours going over the poxy form, incidentally it’s not actually addressed to me it’s addressed to my OH I can’t really complete the form without him helping out unfortunately it’s all way beyond him, and he would more than happily bury his head until it goes away. But I said if you don’t fill in the form you’ll get nowt! Even if they owe you £50 they need to pay it back!

But what has really peed me off is the fact that even the Inland Revenue do not expect people to keep records for more than six years, what if we’d lost all our paperwork in a flood or a fire? Do they really think we are like elephants (we never forget) The DWP made a mistake and now they’re making us work to rectify it. And they could so easily hit a few keys and get every bit of information they want, it’d be quicker, cheaper and they might even look better to the media.

How the hell am I supposed to remember whether or not I was ever paid statutory sick pay. Of course I must’ve been at some point in the last 40 years since leaving school. And no, I don’t remember what year I closed the bank savings account down that had a couple of hundred quid in, and don’t ask me what the account number was it’s all too flipping long ago.

My heads mashed like spud or if you prefer avocado!

Rant over.

Absolutely.

I've now had a reminder about my form. The reminder letter states numerous times that they only want information relating to the period 6 April 2012 to 4 April 2012.

I honestly don't know where to begin with the DWP any more. Are they just completely incapable of doing anything right?

Form is now going in the bin. Had it with these people.

Archersmate fill the form in as best you can and send it back.
    A friend of ours filled his in well I say filled in he just wrote what I would call gobbledygook and N/A to some qustions.We expected the form to be sent back to him of a letter asking for more imformation but nothing came.The only letter he had from them was about 3 weeks ago and it was saying he has been awarded £3750.

Voc44 fill your form in the best you can.Even if it's only a tenner you're owed it's better in your pocket than theirs.

We are still waiting from sending forms back in December.We honestlty don't think we will get anything but I suppose it's keeping somebody in a job checking forms and sending letters out by the thousands.

Just in case anyone’s interested..

I spoke to DWP and apparently they have to put a return date on letters so in this case I should ignore the date stated. And they understand that claimants might not have records from 6/7 years ago but we should just put whatever we think was true at the time. And they get that current accounts don’t have a fixed balance.

As our details are uncomplicated it wasn’t that difficult to fill in the ESA3 as most of the questions can be answered with “no” no money in offshore accounts, no properties abroad, no money from properties being sold. Hahaha

Incidentally we’ve looked at the bank statements from the period in question and the payments changed repeatedly throughout the year! And not just by penniesi!

Also this “mistake” they are trying to rectify went on for five years! So how many claims have got to be looked at? What about those who have passed away in the intervening years?

Anyway the ESA3 is ready to go.

Fingers crossed!

Good luck Archersmate.I hope you are successful and get some nice back pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    I spoke to DWP and apparently they have to put a return date on letters so in this case I should ignore the date stated.
    Also this “mistake” they are trying to rectify went on for five years! So how many claims have got to be looked at? What about those who have passed away in the intervening years?
    Idiots.
    Of course it would be too simple for them to simply put next years date, or even a date 10 years from now, wouldn't it?

(I believe they do that with 'Severe Codition, not to be reassessed again' WCA decisions, they set a prognosis date a hundred years from the decision).

Even those who have since passed away are part of this review, and any monies owed has to be paid to their estate and shared among their heirs.
    I've read of at least one case where this has already happened.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.