Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My esa reassessment today :)

My esa reassessment today :)

Just wanted to share my positive experience today.
    I went for my ESA reassessment after previously being awarded it for 18 months last time.

I arrived, signed in and waited approx 5 minutes before being called in.
    To my surprise, it was the same lovely man as last time who awarded me support group with a review in 18 months after only reviewing my case for 15 minutes.
    He instantly recognised me and told me not to worry as he remembers me and my case, and all he would be doing is asking me a few simple questions and the interview would be over in minutes.

He asked me my name, address, DOB, what new medications I was on and if my condition had gotten worse or improved since last time.
    I've lost my hearing since last time and I now wear hearing aids.
    I'm also in a serious amount of pain and now I'm under a pain management clinic.
    He noted this down and confirmed how I lost my job again as he couldn't remember from last time (why would he remember?!)
    I confirmed my job position, and how I lost it due to 'Diminished responsibility due to ill health'

He said "That's all I need, you're free to go, and please, there's no need to worry."

All over in around 7 minutes.
    I'm fully expecting to get support group again.

I can't believe it, and I was fully prepared to fight this time if I needed. ????

That's really good to hear, what luck to have the same person as last time too!

Let us know when you get your award.

I have mine coming up next week and I'm more then a bit anxious about it!

That is good to hear your experience too.
    My first PIP assessment was a nightmare, ill prepared & an awful assessor but my second one was a paper based review with a telephone call from an assessor who asked a a few questions & I could tell by her attitude everything would be OK, & it was.
    Not all assessors are bad but I agree one bad assessor is one too many.
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    That is good to hear your experience too.
    My first PIP assessment was a nightmare, ill prepared & an awful assessor but my second one was a paper based review with a telephone call from an assessor who asked a a few questions & I could tell by her attitude everything would be OK, & it was.
    Not all assessors are bad but I agree one bad assessor is one too many.
    Thank you both.
    After having him the last time and getting my award, I refused to let myself worry this time. It's only when I actually got there it sunk in and I started getting some dread, but like I said, I was only sat 5 minutes before being called in, and during the walk to - or roll to in my case lol, he was very friendly, said he recognised me and he wouldn't be keeping me long and that the questions were just a formality basically.

I have been very lucky, in the last 5 years I've had four fair assessments for pip and ESA and the ones that haven't passed, I've won at MR.

There do seem to be some fair and somewhat decent hcp's in the system. I think we mainly hear about the bad ones because the good ones don't feel the need to go online and talk about their experience, whereas people with bad experiences do and might be looking for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    That's really good to hear, what luck to have the same person as last time too!

Let us know when you get your award.

I have mine coming up next week and I'm more then a bit anxious about it!
    Try and not let it get you down too much. I was terrified 18 months ago before my last one, but it was positive. Then this time I refused to worry about it and put it to the back of my mind. I just put myself in the mindset that it would fail regardless and it would go to tribunal and with my level of evidence I would win. But I couldn't believe my luck when I had the same guy again.

Quote Originally Posted by NeurologicalNed View Post
    Try and not let it get you down too much. I was terrified 18 months ago before my last one, but it was positive. Then this time I refused to worry about it and put it to the back of my mind. I just put myself in the mindset that it would fail regardless and it would go to tribunal and with my level of evidence I would win. But I couldn't believe my luck when I had the same guy again.
    Thanks.
    I've tried to stay as calm as I can, I think I'm not too bad, compared to how bad I can be. I just have to be calm about it. I think seeing the bad news story this weekend hasn't helped much, but I'm quite relaxed and if they deny me I'll just ask for a MR or appeal, I fit the criteria for support group and I just have to keep calm.

I think it's always worse in your head. I was so worked up about the PIP one I had a full breakdown, it went badly but I suppose that was good for me in the award! But I survived it, there's nothing there that's going to kill me, I'll try to go easy on myself.

Just a quick post to say I had my assessment today and it went pretty similarly to yours.

I went in and he seemed very nice, he said he thought I shouldn't really have been sent for, but maybe was due to my forms having a lot of information on them and it was on separate sheets (to keep it neat) but he said it's a bit of bureaucracy.

He also said it'll be about 15 minutes, not keep me too long and just went through my conditions and meds and just a few things about day to day.

He then said that I could go, I'd have a result soon but there's no need to worry.

I'm very relieved it's over now and seemed to go OK.

Just a quick post to say I had my assessment today and it went pretty similarly to yours.

I went in and he seemed very nice, he said he thought I shouldn't really have been sent for, but maybe was due to my forms having a lot of information on them and it was on separate sheets (to keep it neat) but he said it's a bit of bureaucracy.

He also said it'll be about 15 minutes, not keep me too long and just went through my conditions and meds and just a few things about day to day.

He then said that I could go, I'd have a result soon but there's no need to worry.

I'm very relieved it's over now and seemed to go OK.
    It's almost identical to my assessment.
    Wasn't Birmingham assessment centre you went to was it?

I've received my assessors report, I have created another thread on it - have a look. It's quite a strange one.

Congrats by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by NeurologicalNed View Post
    It's almost identical to my assessment.
    Wasn't Birmingham assessment centre you went to was it?

I've received my assessors report, I have created another thread on it - have a look. It's quite a strange one.

Congrats by the way!
    Yes, I was quite surprised by how similar it was.

No, I'm down south, so nowhere near, odd how similar they were.

I'll still not count on it until I have the award through!

Yes, I was quite surprised by how similar it was.

No, I'm down south, so nowhere near, odd how similar they were.

I'll still not count on it until I have the award through!
    That's the best way, because until you have the decision, nothing is for definite.

But take comfort in the fact that I've had two assessments that have gone that way now, and the hcp has recommended support group both times.