Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loss of Mobility points.

Loss of Mobility points.

Hello
    I received my DWP letter today advising me of my PIP award following the F2F. I retain the living part however I no longer get the Mobility part. I have been awarded 4 points, last time it was 10. Nothing has changed in my condition so has the points system goalpost been altered?
    Should I appeal the decision or accept it?
    Thanks

The points haven't changed so this looks like a difference of opinion on the effects of your condition between this assessor and th eprevious one. Since you had 10 point s last time I would consider asking for an MR and if necessary appealing. Get the assessor's report so you can see why they awarded 4 points and make your argument for an increase.

I have the local Disability Advice Service in my corner, I'm sure they will love to do that for me.... I will give them a call on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by suffolkbobby View Post
    I have the local Disability Advice Service in my corner, I'm sure they will love to do that for me.... I will give them a call on Monday.
    You'll have to make it Tuesday.

Monday is a Bank Holiday

Oh B***er, old age strikes again.

The advice center beat me to it, they are really on the ball and called me, advised that I request a MR and they will take it from there (which I did at once)..bless them.

Best of luck - hope they change it without you having to go to appeal.

I have the result of the reconsideration today, still no change. Apparently the reason is my doctor's letter said I can only walk 200 yards. "which is greater than 200 meters" by my reckoning 50 feet to far (the Dr, like me, treats a meter the same as a yard). Oh well I suppose if it were pounds sterling it makes a difference.
    Now they say I've been paid too much, they will let me know how much and how to repay it.
    Can I be bothered to appeal.....I don't think I have much chance.

That's very unfortunate

Whilst you could call metres/yards baloney nitpicking, it's still a nonsensical justification - and they have shot themselves in the foot.

To start with they have got their calculation totally the wrong way round. (and led you to fall into the same trap).

A yard is shorter than a metre - 1 yard = 0.9144 meters.
    That means that 200 yards is shorter than 200 metres - 200 yards is only 182.88 meters.

So if you can't walk 200 yards then you definitely can't walk 200 metres.

They seem to have tried to justify not giving you 4 points, when they had in fact given you 4 points?
    (Because whoever did it in the first place got the calculation right or wasn't bothered about the distinction between yards/metres)

If they gave you 4 points then that is the 200 meter descriptor.
    b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points.
    If they are really saying that 200 yards is geater than 200 m, that would have meant they should have given zero points.

The fact that they have tried to justify their decision with baloney that doesn't make sense, and is in fact incorrect, simply shows that they haven't reconsidered it properly at all and have just fabricated some stupid excuse.

Which would have me filling in the appeal form straight away. (And making a complaint to the DWP).

TBH though to get 10 points for Moving Around the descriptor is 'no more than 50 metres' - and your GP letter does not support that.

I'm sure your Advice Centre will have something to say.
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-19-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.