Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wait times for esa reassessment

Wait times for esa reassessment

Hey everybody, do we have any idea currently what the wait times are like for esa reassessments, I sent my form back over 13 and half weeks ago, so just gone over the three month period now of dates your not available, and I'm still yet to hear if I'm going to be called in for the dreaded f2f, I'm in the Birmingham area, I'm just starting to stress a bit, as I'm due to go for a much needed break away for 10 nights next week, and knowing my luck the letter will come then like it did 2 years ago with my last reassessment.
    Last edited by Shellyj; 05-05-2019 at 03:40 PM.

I’ve got a similar question, you’d think that after so many years of DWP doing this they’d get quicker, but I doubt it. Of course if they stopped re-reassessing the same old faces by giving longer awards and passing more claims through on a paper based review they could easily get it down to 6 weeks or so. But no....

Incidentally I wonder if there’s still anyone still on IB that’s NEVER been assessed?

I thought I'd posted this recently, but can't find it again.

Here is a link to the latest (March 2019) figures for WCA/MR/appeal outcomes.
    It includes some information on waiting times for an initial WCA referal (Page 12), however there are no figures for reassessment waiting times:
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...march-2019.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    Incidentally I wonder if there’s still anyone still on IB that’s NEVER been assessed?
    Yes there are still some on IB who have yet to be transfered to ESA.

The latest seperately published total that I can find is "There were 59 thousand people on incapacity benefits at February 2018."
    The latest published statistics lump ESA and IB all together as one figure.
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...ruary-2019.pdf

However I've done a quick calculation using the Nomis statstics database tool which shows there were still 52,820 IB claimants at August 2018.

There is provision in the UC Managed Migration regulations for going straight from IB to UC, so they obviously don't expect to get everyone from IB to ESA before Managed Migration starts.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yes there are still some on IB who have yet to be transfered to ESA.

Whist I wouldn’t wish the dreaded WCA on anyone, wouldn’t it make more sense to get on transferring those still on IB to ESA after all some of em might be swinging the lead! And stop harassing the same people by re-reassessing em repeatedly.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result”

To answer the original question - the time taken from filling my form in to having my assessment was around 8 weeks.

Thanks for the replies, I'm just over 14 week point now and still nothing, so I'm guessing it could be a case of how long is a piece of string, although I don't wish the f2f on anyone it would make sense for them to finish transferring everybody over, but as we all know the dwp do move in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellyj View Post
    it would make sense for them to finish transferring everybody over, but as we all know the dwp do move in mysterious ways.
    I believe that most of the staff who were dealing with new transfers have been redeployed to sorting out the error review.
    TBH I'm not sure if they are doing any new IB-ESA transfers at the moment.

(The same thing happened with PIP when they had to do the review of that, staff were moved from doing DLA-PIP transfers).

Correcting their errors takes precedence over new transfers, if only to keep the press quiet(er) about how long they take to correct major errors.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It would be great if they’ve got it down to 8 weeks but Shelly’s already waited over 14, so I’m not gonna hold my breath.

I had six month wait from sending repeat ESA form back to assessment!!!

I had my WCA about 18 days ago yet still not have heard from the DWP as to what their course of action will be...is this normal...or can i expect an even longer wait???...in the interim i have received an ESA payment...i am worried sick by all of this uncertainty...is a long wait to hear the result necessarily a bad thing??

thanks