Thread: YouTube Thread For Disability Blogs Information etc.

YouTube Thread For Disability Blogs Information etc.

I don't know if anyone has done a thread in the past or if it's allowed on here ? But I see a lot off interesting blogs and information on YouTube that many won't see unless it's shared to forums like this. If Youreadable allows the content ? It would be good to share the helpful clips, vlogs and blogs around social media disability related.

Even if you do not paste the actual URL, in the forum, I wouldn't think there would be anything against providing the channel name. Atos Healthcare, as it used to be, had it's own channel, where they went through what to expect in an examination, plus elements of the PIP process.

I am on the Whichmobility forum as well, posts on there occasionally include reviews of cars on YouTube, which might interest mobility users.

Posting such links would be allowed under the forum rules.
    The rules here are very brief: https://www.youreable.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
    Although the administrators and moderators of Youreable Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Youreable Forums, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Youreable Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
    But you should be very careful when posting links. Remember that you are responsible for the accuracy of anything you post here.

There is a lot of rumor, exageration, and misinformation, some of it deliberately malicious, on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and other social media sites.

If you are going to give a link then you should check out that what it is saying is true, and correct.
    You wouldn't want to be accused of spreading unfounded misinformation, and worrying people unecessesarily, yourself would you?

Personally I would stay away from giving links to anything that it not on an 'official' webpage or forum, or one from a respected welfare organisation/forum.
    (Although that's my personal filter, and I'll bend it now and again).

In the past I've seen more than one, 'professional' looking, totaly unfounded blogs that have got things very wrong about UC.
    They later got taken down by the original authors when they realised just how wrong they were.
    But by that time the damage had been done and they had already been copied and spread around social media, needlessly worrying a lot of people.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-11-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I changed my mind on this, as everyone has a different opinion and circumstances, so what's relevant for one may not be another and not all channels are consistent in their views or material and I guess it's best left alone to let people search for themselves! Sorry for the late reply been unwell.