Thread: Ford Galaxy Diesel - AdBlue Additive - what's that!!

Ford Galaxy Diesel - AdBlue Additive - what's that!!

I've had my Motability Lease Hire Ford Galaxy for 6 months now and I love everything about this car.

However, that can't be said about the Ford Sevicing Department.

The dashboard has been giving me warnings about how my AdBlue levels - it's a liquid that is sprayed into the exhaust to neutralise harmful emissions and keep the air clean. These days you can't discuss what's needed directly with a garage you have to go through a call-centre who passes info onto the gage and an appointment time is given.

The actual work takes the same time as pouring water out of a kettle into a teapot.

The on-call person hadn't heard of it but she booked me for a 2 hour slot - great - 1 hour 55 mins longer than needed!!

I arrived at the garage and went to the Service reception - no not heard of - geez!'
    Then it was a case of we've found some - but for Renault. In the end they bought some in.

So a 5 minute job was stretched to 3 hours! Luckily I wasn't paying.

They knew what I was coming in for so why not pre-order to shorten the customers waiting time

They sound a bunch of you know what’s Lighttouch as you can buy Ad-Blue in supermarkets.

Last time I looked in my local Morrison’s I think it was round about a £1 a litre in 5 LTR containers and Halford have 25 litre container too but can’t remember how much it was but for a motor dealer to say they've never heard of it would ring alarm bells for me even if their franchise cars never used the system.

My diesel KIA Carens doesn't use it but I’m well aware of it.

So a 5 minute job was stretched to 3 hours! Luckily I wasn't paying.
    Really? is your time worthless? What a total joke... I would complain to motability, and claim back the 3 hours out of your life...

While I was in reception I tried to use there accessible toilets.

They were very poor. The loo door had expanded so it wouldn‘t shut. The door latch was wrong - it should be a lever action.
    There was no hörizontal Grab rail to aid closing the door.

A mirror on the wall was too high for a wheelchair user to use.

The wash basin should have had lever action taps.

The toilet was the wrong type as it didn‘t have any backrest - it should have had a padded backresttt. And the biggest blunder of all the toilet cistern was high up and the chain to flushingwas so high you couldn‘t reach it from a wheelchair!!

As they obviously need to revamp the toilet I‘ll see if I can shame them into upgrading it.

Write something to the M.E.N. (If it's still called that).

Nothing a cub reporter likes more than a good campaigning story.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

In the 3 years I have had my Focus Tit 1.5 diesel I have never had an issue with Adblue. Maybe it just does not use it?? it is a euro6 engine. No warning lights. no mention of it having been filled at service intervals.
    Guess I am just luck eh ?

When I took delivery of the Ford Galaxy Auto diesel nearly 6 months ago it was still a Titanium model but not the same as the demonstration car I'd tried out 4 months earlier. The model they delivered was one that was going to be advertised 3 months later - it was the first of it's breed in the Country at the time.

It was a new Ecoboost diesel engine and there's another nozzle next door to the diesel one that takes the AdBlu. The Ford garage said they had some AdBlue in but for Rover. The Galaxy AdBlu had to be sourced. Seems odd to me that there isn't a 'Universal' AdBlu - but what do I know as it's my first diesel.

I've not done that many long journeys so I've only done just over 3000 miles. There dashboard screen alert kept giving me a countdown of miles before a top up was needed. The engine management system would have knocked off the engine if I'd run out.

I was told tat the fluid ends up as a mist in the exhaust pipe and removes the toxic emmissions.

Well at least I'm not polluting the planet!

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...ngine-launched