Thread: GP Factual Report - PIP

GP Factual Report - PIP/ESA

When the PIP assessment companies ask your GP for a 'Factual Report' of you condition(s) these are the letters/forms that they send to the GP:
    (Of course they don't always ask your GP).

Letter/form sent by Capita.

Letter/form sent by IAS (Atos)

The differences between the two forms are interesting to show the difference in approach by the two companies.

For those on ESA here is a copy of the FRR2 request for a 'Factual Report' that may be sent to your GP as part of a WCA:

Letter/form sent by CHDA (Maximus)
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-14-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Very interesting. Apart from the differences and what I would assume to be the intention behind posting these forms, it does offer other options to a patient who feels comfortable contacting their GP themselves. For instance, some people with less understood disabilities who manage without much input from their GP could use the questions as a template for information to give to their doctor describing their care needs - as they may otherwise be unaware!

I would encourage patients to perhaps adapt and send this information to their GP to keep on record should they be asked by the DWP or their quangos. An example might be because my GP rarely sees me, he would be unable to answer questions about how far I can walk or the severity of the condition if it fluctuates to a great extent.

Quote Originally Posted by obsidianeclipse View Post
    Very interesting. Apart from the differences and what I would assume to be the intention behind posting these forms, it does offer other options to a patient who feels comfortable contacting their GP themselves. For instance, some people with less understood disabilities who manage without much input from their GP could use the questions as a template for information to give to their doctor describing their care needs - as they may otherwise be unaware!

I would encourage patients to perhaps adapt and send this information to their GP to keep on record should they be asked by the DWP or their quangos. An example might be because my GP rarely sees me, he would be unable to answer questions about how far I can walk or the severity of the condition if it fluctuates to a great extent.
    Good idea: the problem is where the paperwork gets sent to any GP in the practice even if you specified who your GP is. The fault of the practice I suppose. The ESA form for me was filled out by a GP at my practice I've never seen! Even though I'd had the GP I do see write me a supporting letter...

"Good idea: the problem is where the paperwork gets sent to any GP in the practice even if you specified who your GP is. The fault of the practice I suppose. The ESA form for me was filled out by a GP at my practice I've never seen! Even though I'd had the GP I do see write me a supporting letter..."

You raise a very good point,and in this day and age of many Medical Practices being overstretched to breaking point,it is not unreasonable to assume that,very often,the GP filling out these forms may never have seen you AT ALL,and hence,not know anything about you personally.It's not a good situation

Just to note that I have now added a copy of the ESA request for a GP 'Factual Report' to the first post in this thread.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.