Thread: Loss of Pension Credit for Mixed Age couples. - Petition.

Loss of Pension Credit for Mixed Age couples. - Petition.

There's a campaign and petition against mixed age couples losing out due to the recent change in the law stopping them claiming Pension Credit.

Rather than the pension age partner making a new claim for Pension Credits the younger partner now has to claim (and/or migrate to) Universal Credit.
    Existing PC claims are not affected; if you already have PC you'll keep getting it.
    This change in the law comes into effect at midnight tomorrow.

83,590 signatures at the time I posted this.

This can be seen as a similar situation to those who lost SDP due to Natural Migration to UC, simply because of an arbitary change in the law purely to cut benefit payments.
    (Campaigns got that injustice overturned and backpayments are due).

Press article: https://inews.co.uk/news/pension-cre...-partners-age/
    The Pension Credit Injustice campaign believes pensioners should not be hit by cuts simply because they have a partner who is younger than them.
    The petition itself: Link Removed - see below.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-15-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    There's a campaign and petition against mixed age couples losing out due to the recent change in the law stopping them claiming Pension Credit.

Rather than the pension age partner making a new claim for Pension Credits the younger partner now has to claim (and/or migrate to) Universal Credit.
    Existing PC claims are not affected; if you already have PC you'll keep getting it.
    This change in the law comes into effect at midnight tomorrow.

83,590 signatures at the time I posted this.

This can be seen as a similar situation to those who lost SDP due to Natural Migration to UC, simply because of an arbitary change in the law purely to cut benefit payments.
    (Campaigns got that injustice overturned and backpayments are due).

Press article: https://inews.co.uk/news/pension-cre...-partners-age/

The petition itself: http://chng.it/ySp5fhXpDF

Hi , Do you have any idea how many signitures the one that was overturned had . Hoping and praying that this one will be overturned .

The SDP injustice that was overturned had various petitions.

But it's not the petitions themselves that get things overturned, they just show how much support a subject has to help with the campaigning.

It took 2 judicial reviews in the High Court to get the SDP issue changed.
    (And though it's been overturned it's still ongoing due to other petitions/campaigns - the House of Commons have rejected the governments proposal which wouldn't have paid full compensation).

I have removed the direct link to the above petition.

Whilst I still support the campaign, I cannot recommend the website/organisation that is hosting the petition.

After signing the petition I have received 3 emails (in less than a day) from the organisers of the site asking me to sign other petitions.

People sign a prticular petitions because they are concerned about an issue.

Subsequently bombarding signers with multiple emails a day is not acceptable, the occasional one is OK but multiple emails a day isn't.
    Such tacticts are rightly regarded as spamming.

My apologies to anyone else who may have signed and is now getting multiple emails (Unless you want them of course).

You should be able to blacklist/block emails from that site in your email application if you need to.

There is also an 'Unsubscribe' link in each email they send, these should normally be avoided especially in spam emails, they can be used as a means of launching malware/ransomware.
    (The Wannacry ransomware attack that infected the NHS was activated by clicking a link in an email).
    I don't believe that would be a problem here, the site is reputable even if it is using spam tactics.

If despite the above warning you still want to sign the petition then the link can be found in the press article which is still linked.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-15-2019 at 11:31 AM.