Thread: my pip assesment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

my pip assesment

good morning I'm due to have my pip assessment with atos this monday but instead of a assessment centre they have chose to come to my home my wife and my support worker will be here does anyone know why i thought everyone has to go to there nearest centre which for me is only 20 mnts away

many thanks
    Shaun

There used to be two independent assessment companies. One was ATOS and the other Capita. One company preferred people to attend a centre. You must be being assessed by Capita who carry out home assessments. Don't worry it's standard practice.

They aren't coming t catch you. Be yourself, just tell them in detail how your impairment affects your life on a daily basis. t's not really about ho many pills and potions you take but how you manage by using aids and adaptations.

I ended up being offered more benefit than when I claimed DLA.

And ask if you can have a copy of the assessors report when completed. It'll get posted out to you two or three weeks after the assessment but before a decision is made - well it was in my case.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    There used to be two independent assessment companies. One was ATOS and the other Capita. One company preferred people to attend a centre. You must be being assessed by Capita who carry out home assessments. Don't worry it's standard practice.

They aren't coming t catch you. Be yourself, just tell them in detail how your impairment affects your life on a daily basis. t's not really about ho many pills and potions you take but how you manage by using aids and adaptations.

I ended up being offered more benefit than when I claimed DLA.

And ask if you can have a copy of the assessors report when completed. It'll get posted out to you two or three weeks after the assessment but before a decision is made - well it was in my case.

Good luck
    afternoon many thanks for the kind words i have my support worker and wife will be here for the assessment i have found out its atos who are coming out and also my support worker has stated its a home visit due to my physical mobility just hope it all goes well while i was on dla for many years i never ever had a f2f but things change one again thanks
    shaun
    Shaun

I was on DLA never assessed when it went over to pip i had a f2f i had asked to go to a centre but for some reason they insisted on coming here. I know light touch said to ask for assessors report a lot of people do i didn't but it came with the decision letter anyway and i know a few others where it was the same. The assessment was ok a lot on the report was wrong my gp wanted me to appeal i didn't see the point my mobility went down but i got care which didn't have on DLA i gained more than i'd previously been on so i didn't see the point. Hope you go ok as already mentioned just be honest and answer what you can have your meds there to show them