Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of 'regular' PIP assessments for pensioners.

Hi Nukecad;

It seems all to be a play on words. Dla claimants moving to PIP reassessment.On PIP will then be reviewed after a period of time.Those not been on Dla and applying for PIP for first time New Claimants.
    It would appear regardless of the term used you have to through a very similar process of form filling and then seen by the independent healthcare professional who goes through your form asking questions.Perhaps a review will mean you do not have to fill in a new form but asked questions relating to your old form to determine whether you are better/worse or same condition as last time.Purely speculation on my part.
    My cynical side says whatever they bring in will still involved independent healthcare professional.

Today the DWP have replied to an FoI about 'Light Touch' PIP reviews.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...Reply.pdf.html
    The light touch process has yet to be fully designed (the first ones will not be due until 2023 –
    10 years after PIP was first introduced) but we would not expect it to involve a full assessment
    unless something has significantly changed. The review is intended to maintain a minimum
    level of contact with claimants.
    We will involve our stakeholders in designing the review
    process so that it adds value and best meets the needs of our claimants.
    "A minimum level of contact with claimants' is an interesting choice of words.
    To me a 'minimum level' would mean asking if you are still there and still alive.

It's also interesting to see the 2023 date there.
    True that there will not be any 10 year reviews due until then for existing PIP 'ongoing' awards. (PIP only started in 2013).
    But it's a bit telling that 6 years into PIP they haven't even considered yet what a 10-year review should be like.

It does seem to confirm, in a round about way, that their current plan is that pensioners will still need to have a 'Standard' reassessment before being moved on to an 'ongoing' PIP award with a 10-yearly 'Light Touch' review.
    But of course they admit that they don't know what they are going to do, so that could change.
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-19-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

The DWP have issued a Press Release this morning regarding the PIP 'Light Touch' review for pensioners:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/t...sment-overhaul

Last month this improvement was applied to all new PIP claimants who reached State Pension age before their planned re-assessment. From today it will start being applied to existing PIP claimants over State Pension age.
    That appears to be saying that once you reach your State Pension Age then you will automatically be put on the 'Light Touch' as from that date, without the need for another assessment first.

I'll see if I can find any legislation/ammendments that may have been enacted today to see if that makes it any clearer.

I guess that gives them another 10 years to decide what just a 'Light Touch' review should consist of.

Hi Nukecad

Very interesting stuff.

I note while it is not stated what a light touch review will be for PiP it does state for persons on State Pension they will NOT need to undergo a face to face assessment unless their circumstances change.
    If there is no face to fact interview light touch at most can be a form sent out to the applicant the purpose of which is to ensure that your circumstances have not changed,and in that event your current entitlement to PiP will therefore be extended.

Just my guess.

I wonder if they will start sending out letters to people who have reached State Pension age?

I'll believe it when I see it !
    Waiting for my notification now !
    Call me Mike.