Thread: 1.7 million NHS fines overturned

1.7 million NHS fines overturned

BBC report today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-48252897

An analysis of 2018-19 showed about £199m of fines had been issued - but only £33m had so far been paid, with £46m for people who were exempt but mistakenly fined, £18m cancelled and £101m unpaid.
    I wonder why so may NHS fines are being wrongly issued? Oh, this might explain it-

The outsourcing company Capita was used for some of the fining and debt collection for dental treatments.

The National Audit Office said Capita keeps 100% of the fines and surcharges - with the NHS receiving the value of the treatment.

If fines are not paid, another company in the Capita group is used as a debt collector, keeping almost half of the money recovered. The contract is due to finish in December.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

The NHS are very wasteful of resources.

I new Health and Well being centre opened three months ago but no health practice has moved in due to high rents.

The developer's fine print on the contract means NHS Trafford CCG ave to pay the rent on an empty building. It equates to £51,000 a week or £2,652,000 a year!!

It might be cheaper for Trafford CCG to pay and have the space changed into office space to rent.

The trouble with big corporations is that 'boards' who run them don't take real ownership of projects and finances as it's not their money - I think it's a crime when there are cutbacks to care in the home and wheelchair services because there's no money! It's really about bad management.