Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ESA3. form do i need to complete it

  1. #1

    ESA3. form do i need to complete it

    hi guys i received a ESA3. about reviewing to see if was due any back payments, it was asking question to do with 2011-2012 i am on contributions based esa, i am in the support group which i was moved into back in 2016 or early 2017 from memory,my question is can i just leave it as it is causing me stress and extra anxiety, i think i read that if i just ignore it they will eventually write back saying case closed unless i decide to reopen in future,
    also if i am entititled to anything would it be from when i was put into the support group in 2016-2017
    and lastly if i had find bank statements when would need them,would it be from 2011 up to today, or from when i was put into support group
    any info would be greatly appreciated

  2. #2
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    Posts
    7,238
    From the fact that you say you have CB ESA now that says that you originally moved from IB to ESA Support Group.
    Were you later 'downgraded' to WRAG, and then back to SG in 2016/7?

    Unless you have/had savings over £6,000 then they won't need bank statements.

    Do you also have DLA or PIP?
    Do you have a working partner?

    From what you have said it sounds to me that you are owed at least a couple of thousand poounds (maybe more).

    Does that make it sound more like worth filling in the form?

    If you could give us more details of when you moved to ESA, what group, other benefits you get, and so on we could make a better estimate of what you are owed.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Greater London
    Posts
    287
    Hello Dean,

    I’ve just done one and was surprised how easy it was.

    On the front of the form will be two very specific dates, It’s all about money, what bank accounts you’v got what savings you’ve got and stuff. If you had more in savings or you or someone you lived with worked at the time.

    If you were on any income based benefits like housing benefit at the time that should make it easier, that shows that you didn’t have excess investments or savings at the time.

    The only proofs I sent was two “rent cards” showing service charges and benefit reduction.

    You can take as much time as you need, a phone jockey at DWP told me on the phone there’s no deadline .

    Even if you only get £25 back it’s money that you should have had and you might remember struggling with money at that time so I think we all deserve some compensation.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    From the fact that you say you have CB ESA now that says that you originally moved from IB to ESA Support Group.
    Were you later 'downgraded' to WRAG, and then back to SG in 2016/7?

    Unless you have/had savings over £6,000 then they won't need bank statements.

    Do you also have DLA or PIP?
    Do you have a working partner?

    From what you have said it sounds to me that you are owed at least a couple of thousand poounds (maybe more).

    Does that make it sound more like worth filling in the form?

    If you could give us more details of when you moved to ESA, what group, other benefits you get, and so on we could make a better estimate of what you are owed.
    thanks for the reply nukecad
    i have never had savings over £6000, but someone said even if i hadn't i would still have to prove it
    i do not get pip or dla
    i am single and always have been
    from memory i was on incapacity benefit until it changed to esa ( whenever that was ) i was in the work group until i won my tribunal in 2016-2017 where the tribunal actually sided with me and put me in the support group,until then i was never in the support group

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    Hello Dean,

    I’ve just done one and was surprised how easy it was.

    On the front of the form will be two very specific dates, It’s all about money, what bank accounts you’v got what savings you’ve got and stuff. If you had more in savings or you or someone you lived with worked at the time.

    If you were on any income based benefits like housing benefit at the time that should make it easier, that shows that you didn’t have excess investments or savings at the time.

    The only proofs I sent was two “rent cards” showing service charges and benefit reduction.

    You can take as much time as you need, a phone jockey at DWP told me on the phone there’s no deadline .

    Even if you only get £25 back it’s money that you should have had and you might remember struggling with money at that time so I think we all deserve some compensation.
    thanks for your reply i read somewhere that you have song long to reply otherwise they would stop the review unless i changed my mind,

  6. #6
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    Posts
    7,238
    Quote Originally Posted by dean123 View Post
    from memory i was on incapacity benefit until it changed to esa ( whenever that was ) i was in the work group until i won my tribunal in 2016-2017 where the tribunal actually sided with me and put me in the support group,until then i was never in the support group
    As you were put in the WRAG on transfer from IB then that would only have been Contribution Based for 52 weeks, it would then have changed to Income Related.

    As you didn't have DLA/PIP then you will not be owed anything from then.

    Are you owed anything from later when you were put into Support Group?

    When you were put into Support Group it became Contribution Based again, but it should have had an Income Related top-up added.
    This is the Enhanced Disability Premium, on letters they call it the "disability income guarantee".
    Everybody in Support Group (who also qualifies for IR benefit) is entitled to this premium.

    If you are getting this then your ESA should currently be £128.45/week (£256.90/fortnight).
    If you are not currently getting this then it will be £111.65/week (£223.30/fortnight).

    So the big question is:
    Can you confirm which amount of ESA you are currently being paid?

    If you are not currently getting £128.45 a week then they are not paying the EDP and owe you that money from when you went into Support Group.
    Without knowing the exact date you went into to SG I can't say just how much that would be.
    But ignoring 2016 (and the few weeks since April 2019) and just taking from April 2017 to April 2019 that's £1679.60.
    Obviously it will be a bit more than that if owed, depending on the exact dates.

    However if you are currently getting £128.45 a week then it seems they are paying you correctly and there will be nothing to backpay.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-17-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  7. #7
    [QUOTE=nukecad;163249]As you were put in the WRAG on transfer from IB then that would only have been Contribution Based for 52 weeks, it would then have changed to Income Related.

    As you didn't have DLA/PIP then you will not be owed anything from then.

    Are you owed anything from later when you were put into Support Group?

    When you were put into Support Group it became Contribution Based again, but it should have had an Income Related top-up added.
    This is the Enhanced Disability Premium, on letters they call it the "disability income guarantee".
    Everybody in Support Group (who also qualifies for IR benefit) is entitled to this premium.

    If you are getting this then your ESA should currently be £128.45/week (£256.90/fortnight).
    If you are not currently getting this then it will be £111.65/week (£223.30/fortnight).

    So the big question is:
    Can you confirm which amount of ESA you are currently being paid? /B] you are not currently getting £128.45 a week then they are not paying the EDP and owe you that money from when you went into Support Group.
    Without knowing the exact date you went into to SG I can't say just how much that would be.
    But ignoring 2016 (and the few weeks since April 2019) and just taking from April 2017 to April 2019 that's £1679.60.
    Obviously it will be a bit more than that if owed, depending on the exact dates.

    However if you are currently getting £128.45 a week then it seems they are paying you correctly and there will be nothing to backpay. thanks again nukecad for the reply i am currently getting £256.90/fortnight having checked i can see i won my appeal in april 2017 before i won my appeal i was getting £146.20 which must have been because i was wrag, then i started getting £251.10 in may 2017 which was because i was placed in the support group, and have been getting that money ever since with the slight increases

  8. #8
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    Posts
    7,238
    I'm not sure about the £146.20, that would be the Personal Allowance without any WRAG or SG component.
    It is probably because you were appealing at the time and you should have then got some backpay when you won.

    The rest is correct and I would say that you have been payed the premiums you should have so are not owed any more from this review excercise.

    So it's up to you.
    You can tell them not to bother, or fill in the form and let them double check.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I'm not sure about the £146.20, that would be the Personal Allowance without any WRAG or SG component.
    It is probably because you were appealing at the time and you should have then got some backpay when you won.

    The rest is correct and I would say that you have been payed the premiums you should have so are not owed any more from this review excercise.

    So it's up to you.
    You can tell them not to bother, or fill in the form and let them double check.
    thanks for the info i did receive a lump sum of back pay

Similar Threads

  1. ESA3 (IBR) Form
    By StarBright in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-15-2019, 10:21 AM
  2. ESA3 (IBR) form 06/18
    By Ditzee in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2019, 01:52 PM
  3. ESA3 form
    By barbiejane in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2018, 10:14 PM
  4. Esa3 Form
    By Debbie68 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2015, 03:35 PM
  5. ESA3 Form
    By johnch121 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2014, 10:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •