Thread: Crafty bu**ers

Crafty bu**ers

I got the “Where’s your ESA50” letter a couple of days ago, my form was almost ready to post back so I’ve just today finished it and collated everything ready to go and low and behold I noticed that the letter requested the form to be posted back to a completely different address to the one on the envelope that came with the ESA50.

How many might have not noticed this and returned it to the wrong address? Could this be why so many claimants are told that they failed to return the form in time! Or that they didn’t receive it at all!

It’s going back well in advance of the deadline by signed for post. Let em’ dare say I didn’t send it back.

I think that the reminder letter gives the assessment centre address, whereas the pre-addressed envelope gives the mail handling centre.

It should get to them whichever one you use, but as you say bloody confusing.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi Nukecad,

It’s not that it’s so much confusing it’s that normally our DWP ESA post goes to an address in Wolverhampton and the original envelope that came with the ESA50 was as usual the address to the address in Wolverhampton the address provided on the letter that I have now received is in Edgware Road Northwest London which I have now looked up and it’s a huge office block with over 40,000 sq ft.brand spanking new currently renting our our offices but the letter actually does say that the form must be returned to the address on that letter “ on the 24th of April 2019 we sent you a questionnaire to fill-in and return” it’s goes on to say “please fill in the questionnaire and return it to the address at the top of this letter as soon as you can but no later than the 27th of May 2019” this was the original date given with the form when they first sent it out on the 24th of April.

Even more strange I’ve just looked at the original letter dated the 24th of April that did accompany the questionnaire and curiously the office address listed is the same address in Edgware Road but does include the statement “ you must fill in the enclosed form and send it back to the address on the enclosed envelope by the 27th of May 2019”

What the heck am I supposed to do surely the more recent letter stands.

I can't believe they're still doing this.

For my last ESA reassessment, two years ago, I had a similar dilemma and sent further information that I had to the address on their reminder letter which was different to the one on their provided envelope. However, I was sending it to the address their letter told me to send it to.

A month later it was sent back via Royal Mail with a No Longer At This Address stamp. My MP made a complaint regarding this and I received an apology from Maximus or whoever it was. Clearly, as ever with the DWP, lessons are never learned and they just carry on regardless. It's almost as if they couldn't care less. (Heavy sarcasm there).

I'd go with the usual Wolverhampton address. DWP related letters seem to be getting more and more loose and casual with their (mis)information.

I'd go with Voc44 and send it to the Wolverhampton Mail handling centre for them to send onwards. (Get proof of posting of course) but as said above it shouldn't make any difference apart from the time it takes to get to the assessors.

I think the reason why they put the assessment centre adress on the reminder letters is simply because there's only a week left to the deadline and it should get to them quicker if you send it direct rather than through the DWP mail handling centre.

Oddly an ESA50 does not get logged as received at the DWP MHC, its only 'received' when the assessors get it - because that are the ones in charge of the assessment admin.
    It's simply to do with the fact that assessments are 'contracted out' from the DWP.

I think we’re getting a bit confused The address in Edgware Road is not an assessment centre, it is on both letters, the first one being the letter accompanying the form itself and the second one requesting it be completed and returned and it did say as I have stated “please return to the above address”

I think I’ve had enough this morning I’m going to call them, they tell me to send it to Wolverhampton so be it, if there is any comeback from them I will just say that I was told by the DWP to ignore the Edgware Road address and send it to Wolverhampton as per.

It’s just I’ve got visions of somebody at the Edgware Rd address refusing to sign for it or take delivery of course it’s all stupid because if anything they’re delaying themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    I think we’re getting a bit confused The address in Edgware Road is not an assessment centre, it is on both letters, the first one being the letter accompanying the form itself and the second one requesting it be completed and returned and it did say as I have stated “please return to the above address”

I think I’ve had enough this morning I’m going to call them, they tell me to send it to Wolverhampton so be it, if there is any comeback from them I will just say that I was told by the DWP to ignore the Edgware Road address and send it to Wolverhampton as per.

It’s just I’ve got visions of somebody at the Edgware Rd address refusing to sign for it or take delivery of course it’s all stupid because if anything they’re delaying themselves.
    Edit

I’ve just spoken with them apparently if you use the address in Wolverhampton post will take approximately two weeks for Maximus to actually get It so I have now actually been told by Maximus to return it to the Edgware Road address.

Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    I’ve just spoken with them apparently if you use the address in Wolverhampton post will take approximately two weeks for Maximus to actually get It so I have now actually been told by Maximus to return it to the Edgware Road address.
    Thanks for the update, that tends to confirm what I said above:
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I think the reason why they put the assessment centre adress on the reminder letters is simply because there's only a week left to the deadline and it should get to them quicker if you send it direct rather than through the DWP mail handling centre.

...an ESA50 does not get logged as received at the DWP MHC, its only 'received' when the assessors get it....
    And yes I was using 'assessment centre' as a generic term for CHDA.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-21-2019 at 11:14 AM.