Thread: ESA3 1BR Vague letter received today

ESA3 1BR Vague letter received today

I filled in the ESA 3 IBR Form around 13 weeks ago. And received a very vague letter this morning headed as follows.

YOUR CLAIM FOR EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE.

Then it gives me my Bank Details leaving out the number/sort code for security

And then saying We will pay your allowance into the above account from 16th may 2019.
    But on checking my bank no money has gone in and its now the 22nd.

Then no information or amounts of money etc. Just a very vague letter.

What I would like to ask would this be my back payment and if so when is it likely to go into my bank.
    Have tried to ring the number given but just kept on hold for an hour without answers.

Thanks for your kind help.

I would not say that is about any backpayment.

I think that it may be a letter about adding the premiums into you ongoing award, starting on 16th May so they won't be included until you next regular ESA payment.

I could be wrong though, it's strange that there's no amounts.
    Maybe some extra pages were missing? (Does it say anything like 'page 1 of #' at the bottom).

PS. The special team dealing with the IB-ESA review has a different phone number to the general ESA enquiry line.
    It's only for queries about that review and gets answered faster, it should be on any letter you had with the ESA3(IBR).
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-22-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post

I think that it may be a letter about adding the premiums into you ongoing award, starting on 16th May so they won't be included until you next regular ESA payment.

Maybe some extra pages were missing? (Does it say anything like 'page 1 of #' at the bottom).

PS. The special team dealing with the IB-ESA review has a different phone number to the general ESA enquiry line.
    It's only for queries about that review and gets answered faster, it should be on any letter you had with the ESA3(IBR).
    Thanks for your reply nukecad the thing is I dont get esa anymore I have been on pension for two years now, thats why I thought it was in regards to the back payments.

Thanks for your reply nukecad, the thing is I dont get esa anymore. I have been on pension for two years now, that is why I thought it was in regards to the back payments.

Ah, then it's probably just checking that the bank details are still current.

If you don't shout that the bank details have changed (within a week or so?) then that's where they'll send any backpay.

Ah, then it's probably just checking that the bank details are still current.

If you don't shout that the bank details have changed (within a week or so?) then that's where they'll send any backpay.
    Thats all well and good but all they put down was my bank name and the branch.
    they omitted bank acc no. and sort code for security purposes,
    thanks anyway nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by microbar View Post
    Thats all well and good but all they put down was my bank name and the branch.
    they omitted bank acc no. and sort code for security purposes,
    thanks anyway nuke.
    Yes they would not put the full sort code or account number in a letter in case it got delivered wrongly.

If you are still at the same bank/branch then it highly likely you still have the same acc no.

I've lived in Cumbria for 19 years now, my bank acc and sort code is still in Bolton.