Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New almost-pensioner PIP claimants to get 10 year awards

New almost-pensioner PIP claimants to get 10 year awards

Just read this on the B And W forum does this mean If on DLA I dont need to change to PIP Im a 66 year old pensioner on DLA for life supposedly until PIP came along thanks.

The DWP has announced that from 31 May, new PIP claimants whose review would have been scheduled after they had reached State Pension age will instead receive an ongoing award with a light touch review at 10 years.

Minister for Disabled People Justin Tomlinson said:

“We are determined to improve our support for disabled people, and stopping needless PIP reviews for pensioners is the right thing to do.

“This step means new claimants to PIP who reach State Pension age before their review is due won’t have one unless they tell us their needs have changed, and the next step is to bring this in for all pensioners.”

The DWP also announced that the 10 year light touch review will be extended to existing PIP claimants above State Pension age in the coming months

The switch to light touch reviews for claimants of pensionable age was announced back in March of this year but no timetable for its full introduction was given at that time.

Sounds almost too good to be true. !
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    Sounds almost too good to be true. !
    I like many others are on indefinite DLA and pension, But still waiting to migrate to PIP. Do we now stay on DLA for 10 year light touch. The DWP statement doesnt make it very clear.

I think you will still need to be transferred to PIP.

I think everyone will migrate to PIP in time. There are no lifetime awards any more.
    Call me Mike.

I think everyone will migrate to PIP in time. There are no lifetime awards any more.
    There has never been lifetime awards just indefinite gus607.

If you read the DWP statement It certainly sounds like If you are new to pip IE moving from DLA to PIP and on pension.

Whats your thinking Nuke if your around ?.

This step means new claimants to PIP who reach State Pension age before their review is due won’t have one unless they tell us their needs have changed, and the next step is to bring this in for all pensioners.”

Quote Originally Posted by microbar View Post
    There has never been lifetime awards just indefinite gus607.

If you read the DWP statement It certainly sounds like If you are new to pip IE moving from DLA to PIP and on pension.

Whats your thinking Nuke if your around ?.

This step means new claimants to PIP who reach State Pension age before their review is due won’t have one unless they tell us their needs have changed, and the next step is to bring this in for all pensioners.”
    I can't see any difference between lifetime & indefinite ! Much the same thing.
    Call me Mike.

There were definitely lifetime awards in the past on DLA, I had one in 1994

I can't see any difference between lifetime & indefinite ! Much the same thing.
    Lifetime means just that Lifetime. indefinite however means until the law is changed by the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions.
    Hence PIP. That is the difference gus607.

Actually Indefinite means "Lasting for an unknown or unstated length of time".

Be careful not to confuse it with Infinite which means "Without end".

I posted about this 'Light Touch' review for pensioners on PIP earlier this month.
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...for-pensioners

It's still a bit of a promise with no real details yet, but I doubt that it will stop transfers from DLA to PIP.
    (However the last I heard these were 'on hold' anyway with PIP staff reassigned to doing reviews following last years Judicial Review which the DWP lost).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.