Thread: Esa3 review form

Unhappy Esa3 review form

I was put in the wrag group when I transferred from incapacity to contribution based esa and given a top up in 2012 after 52 weeks it changed to income based esa still in wrag group I did some permitted work and I came off benefit to work and claimed tax credits 2015. Do I still need to fill in form. Finding it stressful to cope with forms and looking for statements

I note that in an earlier post you said that you had an assessment for ESA in October 2016.
    Was that a new claim after you had tried a year of working?

That's not really relevant here, whether you are owed any backpay from the IB-ESA transfer will depend on a few other things.

Were you in Support Group at any time that you were getting ESA?
    Were you claiming DLA or PIP at any time that you were getting ESA?

Those are the two main questions, if the answer to both of them is 'no' then you are probably not owed anything.
    If you can answer 'yes' to any one of them then you may be owed something.

Although those are the main two there are other possible circumstances where you may be owed, eg. If you were caring for someone.

That Transitional Addition (the 'top up') that you got would also affect any backpay that was owed. (It would reduce the backpay).

The DWP must think there is a possibility that you are owed something. (They don't send the ESA3(IBR) if they are 100% sure that you aren't owed).

It's always up to you, but by filling in the form and sending it back it lets them double check and make sure.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Fill the form in and send it back.They will either say you are owed something or you're not but at least you will know

Fill in the form as it only takes a few minutes and if you are owed anything they will get back to you within 5 months

Quote Originally Posted by deandeandean View Post
    Fill in the form as it only takes a few minutes and if you are owed anything they will get back to you within 5 months
    How did it only take a few minutes to fill form in I have to look for my pay slips as proof of earnings how can you add up what money had in the bank since 2012 and 2018 most money put in for bills and find bank statements as proof. I’m finding it stressful as any forms cause me to panic.

Please can anyone give me an answer to my last post?

You don't need all that detail for the ESA3(IBR), as far as I recall (not at my computer) they don't ask for it.

Just fill it in as best you can for now. If they need any more details they will ask for them later.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

ESA Form

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    You don't need all that detail for the ESA3(IBR), as far as I recall (not at my computer) they don't ask for it.

Just fill it in as best you can for now. If they need any more details they will ask for them later.

Thank you for your reply

Snickers