Thread: query about the observation of you pre PIP face-to-face interview.

query about the observation of you pre PIP face-to-face interview.

hi everyone- not posted in a long while! Has anyone found the security guard at the PIP centre being responsible for observing you prior to entering assessor's room? We realised the chap was watching me non-stop while sat waiting to go in- followed us to assessment room, then followed us back to reception and kept observing me until I left the building (when of course the cctv cameras take over!) I know they have to make observations but this was something new - I've had DLA and ESA assessments at different place and never experienced this?

Maybe he fancied you?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

doubt that very much lol

This is quite interesting because I was having this conversation with my dad yesterday, I'm due to go for my esa reassessment this week, and have been to this assessment place everytime, and my dad made a comment about the only decent person there is the security guard who takes you in the lift, and I said I don't even trust him, because I bet he's watching and listening to everything, so he can run along and tell them after you've gone.

well when we walked both to and from the actual room, the assessor walked in front and the security guard walked behind us- but he was observing me the whole time I was sat in reception and was even the one who greeted me by name! This was my first PIP as I'm transferring from DLA but had ESA and the old Incapacity assessments and never experienced this before- it is a new centre so maybe it's a "PIP thing?"

well I thought I'd best update everyone on my results- they arrived 8 weeks after my face-to-face and thankfully I've been awarded PIP! BUT- it's important to note that the observation by the security guard DID make it into the decision maker's report! Although he wasn't mentioned I know the observation in question was in the reception area after the assessment! It didn't appear to be anything negative but I thought the fact it made its way into my report was worth mentioning!

Quote Originally Posted by Cathycat View Post
    well I thought I'd best update everyone on my results- they arrived 8 weeks after my face-to-face and thankfully I've been awarded PIP! BUT- it's important to note that the observation by the security guard DID make it into the decision maker's report! Although he wasn't mentioned I know the observation in question was in the reception area after the assessment! It didn't appear to be anything negative but I thought the fact it made its way into my report was worth mentioning!
    I would suppose that there would be grounds for a complaint if it had been due to him (well we assume it anyway) not be a HCP?

well I have use of a wonderful disability rights chap who helps me get through the forms - he did say should anything negative come up in my report that I felt was observed by the security guard he would raise the matter - fortunately I was awarded PIP but he is going to make sure his other clients are aware of what happened -(won't mention any names) I hope they aren't getting around things by saying "informal observations"! There wasn't any doubt he kept a strict watch on me the entire time in reception and afterwards- it did make me uncomfortable despite doing nothing wrong!