Thread: Amber rudd announces universal credit changes

Amber rudd announces universal credit changes

The Government is mid-way through launching a new system that will allow Universal Credit claimants to opt to pay their landlords directly.

It follows a report earlier this year that found thousands of landlords are refusing to let to benefit claimants over concerns they won't get paid.

Sorry about the mirror link but it might help some of you!

Short video clip

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/milli...s-16470564.amp

Phone is playing up and posting twice
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-08-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It will take more than any scheme to get some (most) ptivate landlords to take tenants 'on benefits'.

Some just "don't want scroungers".
    Others have fallen foul of the DWP/Housing Benefit errors too many times.

Trust has been lost and in the current market there is no shortage of 'working' tenants, landlords can pick and choose.

Interrstingly those who 'dont do tenants on benefits' are going to have to rethink when most workers will also.be claiming UC after Managed Migration includes Working Tax Credits and Child Tax Credits. (Landlords dont count those as benefits currently, but when they become UC...)
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.