Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Adaptations

  1. #1


    Does anyone know of any grants available to help with the cost of adaptations? I can't drive without them but I am not eligible for motability.

  2. #2
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    You do not have to be a Motability customer to apply for one of their charitable grants.
    It says on their grants webpage:
    If a lease extension is not an option for you or you are not currently using the Motability Scheme, please take some time to read the page Do you need a Charitable Grant.

    So contact them and ask anyway. (You won't get if you don't ask).

    Although Motability is the first that most turn to when talking about vehicles, other charitable grants could be used toward the cost of adapting a vehicle.

    Try contacting your council's welfare team who should have a list of organisations near you who give grants.
    Or search online.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lighttouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011

  4. #4
    I am not eligible for any grants from motability. I have gone to the papers so we'll see what happens. Probably nothing.

Similar Threads

  1. Adaptations transfer
    By Silverknight in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-17, 05:49
  2. Adaptations?!
    By flowerangelx in forum Ask a question about equipment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 13-07-13, 23:47
  3. Adaptations or new property
    By babyblu64 in forum Ask a question about equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-12-12, 09:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts