Thread: Questions regarding the PA4

Questions regarding the PA4

Hi, first off, I'm not new on the forum, I'm unable to access an oldish account.

I have a comment in the PA4 regarding dressing and undressing, that says 'recent evidence suggests otherwise'. When I look at the evidence listed on the PA4, its all dated to 2017 and relates to a previous PIP claim supporting points for the same activity- so not recent.

The exception is an undated medical report from the GP, however, my GP said the last report that was requested was in 2017, which does indeed show up on my previous PA4 from 2017. Therefore it looks like no recent evidence apart from which I supplied (which is not relevant to the dressing and undressing activity) exists.

With that in mind, is there any procedures that should be followed when completing a PA4, for example:

When evidence is listed in the PA4, should it be dated?

When the assessor refers to 'recent evidence', should they be explicit about what evidence they are referring to?

At the end of the assessment is there a requirement to ask the claimant if they wish to read or comment on the information gathered?

I'm trying to find a way of disputing this evidence without knowing what it is / or if it exists before proceeding with the usual mr, appeal so on, so forth

You don't have a right to see an assessment report until the DWP have made their decision.

The DWP may send you a copy before that, at their discretion.
    The assesors are not allowed to show you it or send you a copy.

If there is something you want to challenge then you do that at MR/appeal, after the decision has been made.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    You don't have a right to see an assessment report until the DWP have made their decision.

The DWP may send you a copy before that, at their discretion.
    The assesors are not allowed to show you it or send you a copy.

If there is something you want to challenge then you do that at MR/appeal, after the decision has been made.
    Fully understood, but I've been sent the PA4 prior to the DMs decision. As the DM usually rubber stamps the PA4, I'm trying to get ahead of the game. Therefore to compose an MR, it would benefit having some idea of the answers / thoughts to my earlier questions. Especially, the 'recent evidence'.

With regards to the assessors not allowing a copy is therefore a moot point. My last question related to the F2F, the assessor usually asks if you want their musings read back to you, or for you to add any information. I wasn't sure if this was procedural or etiquette.
    Last edited by Herb; 06-20-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Well you would be arguing what 'recent' means.

Which of course could be many different things.

It may have come up with regard to assessments in previous UT (or higher) rulings and so made it into case law, but you'd need a lawyer who could search legal databases.

If it's not subject to case law then the "usually accepted meaning" is used - which is then open to interpretation and depends on what you can persuade the DM/judge it should mean.

Not realy much help, but thats how it works.
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-20-2019 at 04:49 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.