Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have I missed out on disability premium? ESA vis-a-vis JSA

I get something called the work related activity component (I think that's the term) of just under £30 per week which IIRC I didn't get initially on ESA but started being awarded after being placed into the WRAG. Again, if I've understood it correctly, this isn't payable to claims made after April 2017. I wasn't aware of this at the time of applying so if I've read it correctly I was "lucky" into having to stop working in Feb 2017 as opposed to a couple of months later.

That's right, you just got your claim in before the 4th April shut off for the extra WRAG amount being paid, any claim made after that doesn't get the extra money for WRAG.

Which is why I said above "I would have advised the same at that time".

If it had been after 4th April then the advice might have been different, depending on whether you had a reasonable expectation of getting ESA Support Group or not.
    Support Group payments were not affected by the change in the law.
    And of course, whether you could actually cope with the jobseeking conditionality of JSA or not would affect the advice given.

You didn't (still don't) get paid any group component, WRAG or SG, for the first 13 weeks of an ESA claim, once you are awarded a group that paid/pays extra then the extra was/is paid from the start of the 14th week, or backpaid to then if the decision takes longer than 13 weeks.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.