Thread: Public toiletts

Public toiletts

Hi
    Does anybody know how to try to get a law passed to force councils to keep toilets open, so they cannot close them, as it poses a health risk to find human waste around the countryside?

Write to your local council first. Or your MP

Without getting all forensic science here - how do you KNOW its human and not doggie ??

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Without getting all forensic science here - how do you KNOW its human and not doggie ??
    My dog does not use paper or such things as paper

I’d agree on the need for more public toilets, but I cannot say I have encountered what you describe.

(Thank God for supermarkets and McD’s for being open with nice loos)

We live in the highland in Scotland and you can drive easy 50 miles in the winter finding all toilets closed, in the summer you look at about 30 miles minimum-till say, a supermarket or toilets or a village hall, I suffer from Crohn's and my wife has got no stomach due to cancer and we need quite often a toilet at very short notice, but it is a lot of tourists which get caught short, but it is a disgrace council closing lots of toilets to save cash!

The problem is, who is going to pay for 24 hr toilet opening ? Our lacal bus station toilets are only open 8am - 6pm due to council cut backs & vandalism. I know of others that have closed due to homosexual activity & drug use.
    Not alway's the council's fault.
    I see more & more shops etc now displaying notices that toilets are only for their cutomers.
    Call me Mike.

RaspberryRipple
    Cyberfruits this must be terrible for you both - just a thought but is moving house an option so you can both be nearer facilities.

It is not a statutory requirement for local authorities to provide public toilets.