Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dwp

Dwp

I've recently received forms from Dwp asking me to fill in just about a 3 months period back in 2013 on my health and asking about any saving partner done any work how much money in the bank in this period all abit strange anyone know why

That sounds like an ESA3(IBR), is that the number at the bottom of the page?

The ESA3(IBR) is about an error that the DWP made when transferring people from Incapacity Benefit to ESA.
    They got it wrong and owe thousands of people money, they now have to sort it out and pay that money.

We have already had members here get backpayments of between £900 and £25,000 depending on their circumstances and when they transfered.

So fill in the form and send it back, you may be owed quite a bit of money.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

As Nukecad says fill he forms in and sit back and wait.We did and got a BIG amount of money back.

See the post fao barbiejane and as everyone on here knows we didn't expect a penny back.

Thanks both I was on the old incapacity high rate and then my money dropped when on was moved onto esa

Well that should definitely not have happened. (Unless there were some very exceptional circumstances).

There was supposed to be 'Transitional Protection' so that you did not get any less money on ESA than you did with IB.

While not really a part of what this review was supposed to be about we know that they have also picked up on these TP errors and are correcting them at the same time.
    (We have seen a couple here).

The advice is still to fill in the form as best you can and send it back.
    If they need any extra information they will contact you again.

I've filled the form in about almost 4 weeks ago

Good, so it's just matter of waiting for them to check things and get back to you.

It can take weeks or even months, but you benefits will continue as they are.
    And you may end up with a nice bonus when they have checked it out.

Don't understand why they are asking just about 3 months period

Dunno, presumably you were getting ESA for longer than those dates?

Perhaps that's all they need to check because they have already found info on file for the rest of the time?

TBH The copy of the ESA3(IBR) 06/18 that I have gives a date and then says "When answering the questions we only need to know about your circumstances from this date."
    Meaning from that date until now.
    But I have seen different covering letters that are worded slightly differently, they have kept updating and refining them to be more relevant to each case.

It's been almost 9 weeks since sent my forms back anyone have time scales people been waiting