Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHDA problems

CHDA problems

Hi Everyone.

I am currently in the Support Group for ESA. I have completed my ESA50 and returned it along with Dr's letter explaining my conditions which are many including severe depression and anxiety. PTSD, along with my physical disabilities.

The doctor wrote that "she will not be able to attend an assessment due to her symptoms, so I would kindly request that she has a home visit for this"

I have received an appointment to go to an assessment centre. I rang them to ask if they could check that my Dr's letter specifically asked for a home visit. Their reply was that the Dr's letter was not enough to warrant a home visit, and that as my anxiety was bad it would be better for me to get it out of the way. (Apparently home visits are over 12 months waiting)

My appointment is for Saturday 13th July. I know I can cancel once. Please can someone advise me how late I can leave it before I cancel? Should I cancel?

I really need advice please.

The ESA50 states that you have to wait until they send you an appointment before you ask for a home assesment.

Stupid, but that is the way it is.

The best way to successfully challenge it now is to invoke the Equalities Act 2010.

I'm not at home at the moment but will come back and give a link on how to do that.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Here's that link I promised.

https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...l=1#post163586

Follow the advice there and ask for a Home Assessment as a Reasonable Adjustment under the Equalities Act 2010.

The original poster in that thread, flyte, was given a Home Assessment less than 7 days after invoking the EA at them.

Thank you so much for your advice. Always there when needed.

I have done as you suggested. I omitted to say that the Dr. also stated I was house-bound.

I shall be sending another copy of said letter with accompanying mention of EA 2010 and see what happens.

Once again, thank you.

I got a phone call this morning. My appointment has been cancelled as they have done a "paper based" assessment. My file has been sent back to DWP and I will get a letter within 7 days.

Thanks again nuke

Hopefully, it will be a good result for you.

Had you mentioned the EA to them?

Funny how often it happens that invoking the EA 2010 results in a home visit or paper-based assessment when they had steadfastly refused one before.

I was going to quote the EA in a letter along with yet another copy of the Dr's request and post it off today. The lady had left me a voicemail. When I got through I was informed about my appointment being cancelled, and my files returned so I have left things as they are....for the moment.

Fair enough.

But did they actually say they had done a paper based assement?
    Or just that the appointment had been cancelled and they haf returned the file to the DWP?

Those can mean two very different things.

Chda

The lady I spoke to did say a paper based assessment has been done. However I shall phone back tomorrow to check.

You have put doubts in my mind now. If she hadn't said they had done a paper based assessment I would have assumed they were going to organise a home visit....

Why would they just cancel the appointment?
    Last edited by nina_simone; 07-08-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Just rang CHDA again. Further evidence has been received about my medical conditions. This is the reason why I don't have to go to any assessment.

I now have to wajt for a letter from a decision maker.