Thread: Pip tribunal q

Pip tribunal q

i have my MRN back so now i want to appeal to the pip tribunal but what should i put for (reasons for this appealing part) what i mean is should i give a basic answer or a full list of the issues why im complaining

DWP should have explained their decision on your entitlement to PIP in the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice (MRN) or the decision letter they sent you.

Read your MRN or the decision letter and write what you disagree with and why. Your reasons will be considered by an independent tribunal who are separate from DWP.
    Last edited by davy; 07-11-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Try & get help/guidance from CAB, local council Wefare Rights ETC.
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by davy View Post
    i have my MRN back so now i want to appeal to the pip tribunal but what should i put for (reasons for this appealing part) what i mean is should i give a basic answer or a full list of the issues why im complaining
    I think we already covered this for your ESA tribunal?

For the initial appeal application then the basic reason that you are appealing will suffice.
    Just what that basic reason will be will depend on the decision that you are challenging.

eg. 'I am appealing against the DWP decision to/not to {whatever the decision was} because ....'
    '.... I believe that the DWP have not taken proper/full account of the medical/other evidence that I provided in support of my claim.'
    or
    '.... I believe that the DWP have not correctly applied/followed benefit regulations about ....'
    or
    '.... I believe that the DWP have made an error in their calculation of ....'

You could add a little bit more, but not too much, then say- 'I will be providing a more detailed submission once the DWP have provided further details of the reasons for their decision in their submission to the court'.

When the DWP do make their submission to the court you will also get a copy, and it will be more detailed than what they wrote on the MRN.
    Once you have that you will know what to concentrate on to shoot their arguments down one by one, so that's the time to make your full submission to the court.

But as gus607 rightly says, it's best to get help from a local advice organisation who can see all the paperwork and advise exactly what to challenge.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

i was just worried as you have said before just add a little bit but the way i read the question is send everything. I will be seeking help from the CAB as soon as i can

There is nothing to stop you sending everthing at the start, that's entirely your choice.

Personally, I believe it's better to wait for the DWPs court bundle before submitting your full argument, so that you know what to focus on and aren't possibly wasting time and effort arguing against things that you don't need to.

You may also find that the DWP don't include in their bundle evidence that you previously sent them. (Happens quite a bit).
    In which case you can definitely point out to the tribunal that the DWP haven't considered it.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.