Thread: Request for home visit (again)

Request for home visit (again)

Apologies for the repetition of this but the WCA people for ESA- that is the people who do the examinations, keep telling me I should attend a medical at their center when I have told and emailed them the receipt illustrating the GP has agreed to request a home visit on my behalf. Why then do they keep ignoring this and insisting I attend the center (within the next seven days)?

I am classed as being virtually unable to walk by the Pip/DWP due to three separate and distinct physical disabilities in conjunction with two additional diseases/ problems that have previously put me at risk of harm and continue to do so should I even be stupid or crazy enough to try to attend to their request. I shall have to go the EA 2010 discrimination route if this continues . Does anybody know if there is a template I can email them as a response? Thank you.
    Last edited by phillius; 07-12-2019 at 01:52 AM.

Not a template as such, but this form of wording has worked for others here:

"Due to my disabilities I am unable to attend your assessment centre on {date}, or on any other date, and I require a home assessment as a "Reasonable Adjustment" under the Equalities Act 2010."

And back it up with a doctors letter. (If you have one).

Don't be surprised if once you have sent that they suddenly decide they can do a paper based assessment without having to see you at all.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you Nukecad.
    I've rang the surgery and they are exasperated at the way Maximas keep badgering me when it's already been explained to them the request for the home visit could take up to 28 days due to my latest treatment and medication regime needing to be updated and coded and then for the Doctor to provide the relevant information. I will forward this to them and await their response. If they continue to response in an unfavorable way I shall then use the EA 2010 to highlight the discriminatory way in which they are behaving.

The assessment center is now asking me to provide additional proof the GP's policy for dealing with requests for things like home visits is up to 28 days?
    If it is not provided by tomorrow they will send a BF223 form which will allow me to explain to the DWP the reasons for my non attendance for the WCA assessment- which is Wednesday ?
    It's crazy. They are effectively asking me to provide evidence about my condition though not giving enough time in which to provide it? Would I be right in assuming the DM will be a lot more reasonable than Maximus?
    Last edited by phillius; Today at 01:48 AM.