Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Request for home visit (again)

Suffice it to say a BF223 was issued after Maximus agreed to contact their head-office to see whether they could extend the assessment date. They then failed to inform me of the decision?

I though you got the BF223 a week ago?

Not entirely unxpected they way Maximus are messing you about.

So if you haven't already then explain with the BF223 why you need a home assessment, supply a copy of the GP letter, and use that wording in post #2 to invoke EA10 again.

Remember that it's now a DWP Decision Maker who is looking at the BF223 and not Maximus.

Don't assume that Maximus have told them anything other than you did not attend your appointment. (They definitely won't have).

Hopefully the DM will now instruct Maximus to stop messing about and do a home visit or paper assessment.
    (In very rare cases the DM will cut out Maximus and do a paper assessment themselves if you ESA50/evidence is enough).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I think I received the BF223 the day after the assessment was due which was the 17th. I did use the BF223 to illustrate the way Maximus refused to make "reasonable adjustment" to allow a home visit based on my disabilities being the reason for being unable to attend. Furthermore, the GP letter wasn't due to reach them until the 29th simply because this is the day the GP agreed to release it. I also enclosed the receipt the GP gave me to show the home assessment was in the process of being written, despite Maximus asking me to provide further proof. To cut a long story short, Maximus not only refused to wait for the request from the GP but refused to consider I was incapable of attending the assessment due to an unmanageable condition that would put me at risk if attempted.

I'm awaiting a call back from a decision maker regarding the fiasco I am going through. I want to know why an appointment was sent out when it is clearly stated by a consultant neurologist I can not tolerate heat and suffer from overwhelming fatigue. As I explained to the lovely gentleman on the phone today attending could potentially make my condition a lot worse than it already is. I also want to know why the letters are not read before an appointment is sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    I'm awaiting a call back from a decision maker regarding the fiasco I am going through. I want to know why an appointment was sent out when it is clearly stated by a consultant neurologist I can not tolerate heat and suffer from overwhelming fatigue. As I explained to the lovely gentleman on the phone today attending could potentially make my condition a lot worse than it already is. I also want to know why the letters are not read before an appointment is sent out.
    It's a shambolic system that appears to rely on the incompetence of the people arranging and performing the assessments and the lack of knowledge of the people attending them. I once had an assessment by someone from Atos who claimed in his report I talked so quietly he was unable to hear what it was I was saying. I think he thought he was being clever by covering himself for all the lies he told. Never once in his report did he acknowledge asking me to speak up, so his testimony was thrown out by a DWP decision maker.
    Last edited by phillius; 07-24-2019 at 11:09 PM.