Thread: My Serve Disabled Premium payments have stopped?

My Serve Disabled Premium payments have stopped?

I’ve logged onto my banking to find my serve disabled premiums have stopped being payed with this fortnights ESA. I still get my PIP rates and I’m in ESA support group. I still live alone and no one claims carers allowance for me.

I thought it might hve something to do with UC but I haven’t been moved onto UC yet and haven’t had a letter about it.

I got a letter back in April saying my rates would change from June 29 and my SDC premiums were deducted from that £130 a fortnight less but I didn’t know what it meant

Just wondering if anyone knows what’s going on as I can’t contact the DWP now til Monday?
    Last edited by Addison75; 07-12-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Not a clue what they are up to.

That letter sounds a bit unusual though, was there no explanation of why they said things would change on June 29th? It's an odd date for a change.
    But it does look as if they have stopped the SDP from that date. (About a fortnight ago so this would be your first payment since then).

Are you sure that someone hasn't started claiming CA for looking after you, without telling you?

The only other things that I can think of is if you started getting some other income from somewhere; a private pension or something like that perhaps?
    Or maybe you had been left something (money or property) in a will so that you come above the £16K limit for IR benefits?
    But if any of those were the case then your EDP (the Disability Income Guarantee) would also have stopped.

Weren't you moving house? Maybe the DWP think that you have moved in with someone else?

Unfortunately unless there is some kind of explanation on that letter of why they said they were stopping SDP then you are going to have to wait until you can ring them.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.