Thread: Assessment Review Time For PIP

Assessment Review Time For PIP

Ive just gone right through my assessment papers and have noticed the assessor has put all my conditions down as being at least 9 months and and she has recommended i get reviewed again in 1 year and 6 months.
    Does anyone know if that means i will get reviewed again in 6 months as i was told they review you a year before your PIP ends.
    And one more thing the assessor has ticked the box to say functional restriction in my report will be present at the recommended point of review.
    Im so confused what any of this means and would really appreciate any advise you can give me, Thank you.

Hi Tony19,
    The part where it says at least 9 months means that you fit the criteria for PIP for a least 9 months continual to this claim.

You must also have a health condition or disability where you:
    have had difficulties with daily living or getting around (or both) for 3 months
    expect these difficulties to continue for at least 9 months

They recommend review after 1 year six months, but also state that your functional disability will still be evident at that point.

This is assessors guidance for the DWP decision maker, and your award letter when you get it will tell you the actual length and date of your award and future review.

Thank you for your reply AuntyW i very much appreciated it . Can i just ask if i go by the assessors report am i right in thinking i will be assessed again after just a few months or can DWP change that and make it longer Thank you

As I understand it-

If you are awarded a 'short term no review' award of less than two years PIP then they (should) send a letter telling you the award is ending 14 weeks before the award ends, and advising that you need to make a new claim.
    You have to reapply for PIP yourself.

If you awarded two years or more (or a ST with review) then they send you a reassessment form 12 months before the award ends.

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/s...%20%282%29.pdf
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-15-2019 at 09:38 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you Nukecad it sounds like its easier to reply myself a few weeks before PIP ends than what it is to apply a year early and risk losing a year of PIP before the end date, am i right?

If/when they send you a review form (AR1 or PIP2) then you have to fill it in and send it back within 4 weeks. (You can ask for an extension if you need more than 4 weeks).

If you don't return the form then they can/will stop your claim, unless you can show 'good reason' for not returning it.

(In practice if you don't return the form they usually make an appointment for reassessment anyway, if you don't attend that then they will stop your PIP).

It's the ususal clause, no matter what your PIP end date is they can reassess at any time.

The reason they do it a year early with PIP is so there is plenty of time, especially if you dispute the award and go to tribunal which can take many months.
    If your PIP award reaches it's end date then it stops, no ifs or buts, if you haven't got a new award by then you are left without the money
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I'm sure I read somewhere that PIP review is moving from 12 mths to 6 mths before the end date. Not sure when this is coming in, but def read it within the last couple of months.