Thread: WON ESA Appeal 7 weeks ago at tribunal.....heard or received nothing since!

WON ESA Appeal 7 weeks ago at tribunal.....heard or received nothing since!

As stated I won my ESA Appeal from 0 pts to 15 but have been on going over a year now since the payments stopped. I Have rung several times about this and after receiving a tel call back informing me I'd get a letter about it, this was 4 weeks ago still nothing luckily I re applied for ESA with a new condition 4 months ago what would be my best course of action to chase this up as phoning them is a good hour before anyone even picks up.

Phoning is the fastest option to chase this up.
    Call early they open from 8am. I only had a 30 min wait this morning to DWP. I make a cuppa then answer or press the required buttons to get into the right queue to filter me to correct person, and put the phone on loud speaker until a real person answers.
    Ps its usually over 8 weeks to get back payments sorted after appeal

I came across this a while ago, I haven't had the need to try it yet myself.
    https://www.weq4u.co.uk/

There is an Android app, but you can also use it from a landline.

It works with any phone. Try it now on 0333 5432111.

To use it, just call us and enter the number of the call centre you wish to reach. We'll dial for you, and connect you to the call centre. Once you're in a queue for an agent, just press 9* to disconnect your phone from the call - that's 9* to wait off hold.
    So you ring the number through the app and it automaticaly connects you when a real person picks up.

Or from a landline, you ring that quoted number and then enter the number you want to call, then once you get put in a queue you press *9 and hang up.
    When a person picks up at the other end it rings you back.
    We'll stay in the queue for you, and once we've found you an agent, your phone will ring twice. As soon as it's stopped ringing, just hit Last Number Redial on your phone, or dial us on 0333 5432111, and we'll connect you to the agent straight away.
    The only potential problem I can see is that if you don't pick up straight away the call centre operator may/will hang up.
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-15-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I came across this a while ago, I haven't had the need to try it yet myself.
    https://www.weq4u.co.uk/

There is an Android app, but you can also use it from a landline.

So you ring the number through the app and it automaticaly connects you when a real person picks up.

Or from a landline, you ring that quoted number and then enter the number you want to call, then once you get put in a queue you press *9 and hang up.
    When a person picks up at the other end it rings you back.

The only potential problem I can see is that if you don't pick up straight away the call centre operator may/will hang up.
    Aside from the potential costs of using for the 0333 number for some, with the DWP, you often have to either choose an option, speak something, or type it in using your phone. I for one prefer to use the 0800 free number directly, who knows if this app provider could or is using potential sensitive data such as NINO or DOB in the case of DWP calls, and leave the handset on speaker phone next to me so I don't have to hold the handset against my ear for long periods.

They do seem to be respectable, but I understand and respect your concerns.

TBH the UK and US governments are snooping every call anyway from GCHQ for the UK and Menwith Hill for the USA. (PS.You should see that place but don't get too close).

It's just something you have to put up with, no amount of protest will stop those.

On the commercial side there is Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Samsung, etc. listening to your devices and even your smart TV.

You can either ignore it all and get on with life; or buy a tinfoil hat and move to a wilderness with no connections.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.