Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: savings while on ESA CB and IR

4 weeks/first offence is for a sanction which does not apply here.

During an investigation they can suspend benefits indefinitely while the investigation continues.

But - Have the suspended all of your ESA?
    If they have then I would ask them to put the CB part back into payment - because that is not affected by any issue of having savings and so should not have been stopped.

You can ask for a "Hardship Payment" if you are struggling, contact your jobcentre.
    But TBH in this particular case I believe that they will expect you to live off your savings.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    4 weeks/first offence is for a sanction which does not apply here.

During an investigation they can suspend benefits indefinitely while the investigation continues.

But - Have the suspended all of your ESA?
    If they have then I would ask them to put the CB part back into payment - because that is not affected by any issue of having savings and so should not have been stopped.

You can ask for a "Hardship Payment" if you are struggling, contact your jobcentre.
    But TBH in this particular case I believe that they will expect you to live off your savings.
    Hi Nukecad

Thought as much.

Yes , they have suspended all my benefits, but worth giving them a ring on Monday.

Yep point taken, money well under limits now .its shocking how quickly it goes when your money is suspended.

On plus side I was doing a little surfing on here today ,and noticed that if you are on ESA CB you will receive a P60U , I receive one every year , this will hopefully strengthen my case that this was a unintentional mistake.
    fingers crossed ill hear from DWP in 4 weeks or so .

Then after the outcome ill take your advice and fill in forms to apply for SDP.

Not sure how the PU60 would help?

Everyone gets one, even if your benefits are only IR and don't affect tax you still get one each year.
    (That's so if the taxman ever looks at your bank account you can show it's not taxable income).

I have observed for almost everything the DWP does there is no time limits. Generally the policy is its done when its done. Time periods stated are usually advisory.

I have known people to wait in excess of a year for a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    I have observed for almost everything the DWP does there is no time limits. Generally the policy is its done when its done. Time periods stated are usually advisory.

I have known people to wait in excess of a year for a decision.
    Ouch thats a long time

ill ring the DWP on Monday and see what they say about re -instating the CB part of my claim.

My bad on the PU60

ill post as and when.

As always many thanks.

Hi all . hope all is well.
    Im still waiting on decision ,on the allegation and as we know , it may be a long time .

I spoke to nice lady at DWP last week and I filled in a MR with her over the phone complaining that my ESA CB part of my claim has been withheld (I ve now not received any ESA payments,bar pip since 17th july)so I thought "while shes on ill ask about SDP" . and a few question later mostly about care .it was all done .
    I received the money in my account within a week.

However the letter accompanying the payment , looks like their only paying SDP .up to the date of my suspension.( mid July) and the DWP are adamant im on ESA IR ,even though im still in the support group.and have always been in the SG.
    Although im hoping this will change on the MR decision
    Can the DWP suspend , my SDP payments along with my ESA . until further enquiries are done?

Is it worth filling in another MR over the SDP claim?
    Last edited by upnorth62; 08-30-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Yes, the SDP payment (all ESA premiums) are only ever Income related.

So even if you had had them added before they will have only have been paid up until your IR ESA was suspended.

After that date they should only be paying the CB ESA, £111.65 a week for Support Group. And they should be paying that which is why you asked for MR.

TBH I'm surprised that they did backpay any SDP at all, if your IR ESA claim is disallowed due to the savings then what they have now backpaid for SDP will become an overpayment.
    (I guess that it's simply because they would have been paying it at that time when they didn't know about the savings, so they have had to pay it up until the suspension).

As always nukecad thanks for your input

I had a phone call before money was processed and first thing the guy said to me was "I know you have other things going on at the moment ". and I replied "will the payment affect anything that going on at the moment "and he replied "no" .

He also told me that its not classed as savings for as long as its been backdated for ,in my case 18 months . Worth noting maybe.

Il sit it out and hopefully get my ESA CB re-instated soon
    Last edited by upnorth62; 08-30-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth62 View Post
    Hi Nukecad

Thought as much.

Yes , they have suspended all my benefits, but worth giving them a ring on Monday.

Yep point taken, money well under limits now .its shocking how quickly it goes when your money is suspended.

On plus side I was doing a little surfing on here today ,and noticed that if you are on ESA CB you will receive a P60U , I receive one every year , this will hopefully strengthen my case that this was a unintentional mistake.
    fingers crossed ill hear from DWP in 4 weeks or so .

Then after the outcome ill take your advice and fill in forms to apply for SDP.
    Indeed, sometimes I think wow 6k is a generous limit, seems a lot of money and it is whilst you "have" an income.

But when you have no income, 6k wont last very long covering living costs for most billpayers. I have had occasions in the past when I have had benefits suspended for one reason or another and the speed of which money goes down is like lightning.