Thread: ESA moved to universal credits

ESA moved to universal credits

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help shed some light on this situation for me please

I had my ESA stopped on 5th November 2018 and had a HM courts & tribunal on 16/01/2019 and got told the appeals officer had made a new decision on my case and it a more favourable one .and had go for a ESA assessment on 12th march 2019 and I didn't hear back so after 8 week I rang up DWP and they said the assessment people haven't sent my records over ring back in two weeks witch I did on 21 may 2019 then I got told I've been moved to new universal credits system and I'm on a back log witch could take days or year there's no time period..just hoping someone could help clear thing up a little bit for me please as I don't really understand how it all works and would i get back paid from when my ESA was stopped on 5/11/18 cos from what I've been told the letter from tribunal means they ruled I'm my favour ...thank you for any help
    Last edited by Carjam; 07-24-2019 at 04:57 AM.

Did you actually make a claim for Universal Credit?
    They can't just move you over - you have to make a claim.

What benefits are you being paid at the moment?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

yes thats true nuke, cant understand them telling someone that.