Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford Galaxy

Thanks for the info guys.

It has been really useful. I have only heard good things about the vehicle from people that have experience of it so I think I am going to go ahead with getting one.

My wife was quite keen on a different colour to the standard blue so it's good to hear that we do have a choice. If I can get anything extra thrown in, even if it is a set of mats then that will be great. I will send a couple of emails to dealers in my area.

I also think I am going to see if I can have the push button boot close added as a paid option as reaching up and pulling the boot down would not be easy for me if I was alone.

Finally placed an order for a Galaxy Titanium auto this afternoon.

It took a bit longer than I thought it would but that's because I tried out a couple of different hand controls and also wanted to look at a boot hoist system for a mobility scooter before I ordered. This involved a bit of riding around and a home visit from the hoist people but everything is now sorted and the order is in.

The only problem is I have to wait as they have given a delivery estimate of the first week in March! I'm sure it will be worth it in the end though!

Brilliant to learn you've ordered a car that suits you down to the ground Kine

Happy dreaming until the Galaxy arrives.

Its been 8 weeks since I ordered the car now and I have to confess that my wife and I have had several drives past the Ford garage, just to keep looking at the colour and on the off chance that they might have a Galaxy on the forecourt that we can admire too. Bit disappointed with the salesman as he said he would ring us every couple of weeks just to keep us updated and we haven't heard a thing. It's not that we really wanted a call that often, but they shouldn't say something and then not do it.

Anyway, the main reason for my post was to ask for a little advice regarding our current motability car. It is the first one we have had, so I have not been through the process before. My current car is a Volvo XC60. Do I have to return this car to the Volvo garage before collecting my Ford or after? Also, do the garage accepting the old car give you a lift home or will I need to make my own transport arrangements?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, you simply drive it to the garage when you collect the Galaxy.

They'll do a quick inspection and then you go sign for the Galaxy and drive off in your nice new car

Assuming there's nothing major in the way of damage to the Volvo you'll get a nice "good condition bonus" £600 cheque (or £900 if you've had it 5yrs) in the post within 28 days from Motability

https://www.motability.co.uk/your-le...ndition-bonus/