Thread: Service Call - help at petrol stations

Smile Service Call - help at petrol stations

I used to use service call to get help with refuelling at petrol stations but now they have have abolished that help. Does anybody know any national schemes that have replaced this please?

It was a very good system all I needed to do was press a button on a box that they had given me and somebody was notified in the payment kiosk then they came out to help me with re-fueling.

Quote Originally Posted by Thankful1 View Post
    I used to use service call to get help with refuelling at petrol stations but now they have have abolished that help. Does anybody know any national schemes that have replaced this please?

It was a very good system all I needed to do was press a button on a box that they had given me and somebody was notified in the payment kiosk then they came out to help me with re-fueling.
    There is an app based one (needs a smartphone) that works at most Shell and Sainsbury's Petrol stations (and poss a few others):

https://fuelservice.org/en/index.html

There is also some other info on the DDUK website:

https://www.disabledmotoring.org/cam...etrol-stations
    Last edited by PaulG; 08-02-2019 at 11:35 AM.

I really liked service call and it was a discrete way of summoning assistance.
    It’s sad that it’s no longer in use in my area.

Now I mostly only get fuel when I know it’s quiet and only park in the front of the queue nearest the kiosk.
    I printed and laminated an A4 disabled sign and usually hoot the horn and hold up the sign.
    It’s primitive compared to Service call but it works for me.

Paul G.

I had a look at the My Hailo and I already have an identical looking key fob which has ‘Pinpoint’ on the label. According to the website it is compatible. This was given to me free of charge from Asda. Not sure if it still works as its quite some years old but I’m going to give it a try next time I visit Asda or Sainsbury’s.

Personally speaking there is absolutely NO WAY I’d pay the £17.90 which includes P&P from the website. I’m happy not to be ripped off.
    Last edited by RaspberryRipple; 08-02-2019 at 03:16 PM.