Thread: Perching stool seat?

Perching stool seat?

Hi all

My old perching stool has a split running along the seam at the front so when I sit on it all the air puffs out so I find it uncomfortable to sit on as it’s just a hard surface with no padding now and I feel like I’m sliding forwards.

Does anyone know if I can get it repaired by NRS who provided it or if I can replace the seat? I’ve looked at replacement seat pads but they’re not designed for perching stools.

I can't answer the repair query but did you get it through SS, OH or physio. If so contact them. Otherwise it may be prudent just to replace it because any repair or replacement seat may cost more than a new one. I believe they can be purchased at a reasonable cost. Look on sites such as eBay.

Plumbers Duct tape can seal a split and keep the air in, it's not a pretty repair but it is cheap.

If you prefer a better finish/colour match then you can get leather/vinyl repair tape in various colours, it's a bit dearer though.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/JVCC-REPAIR.../dp/B019PCG2J6
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for the replies my stool came to me via an OH but I will be happy repairing it myself with some tape at least for a while, other than the seat it’s in good condition so I don’t want to waste public money.

Off to find some tape now????

I’ve just remembered we’ve got some gorilla tape!
    Last edited by Archersmate; 08-05-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Be sure to thoroughly clean and dry the sufacrs so that the tape sticks well.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.