Thread: Proof Of ID For Universal Credit

Proof Of ID For Universal Credit

Hi all!!

Quick question for proof of identity what do they use if you have no passport or driving license?

Their list is very limited but I guess there will be plenty out there with none of the above documents. So will household bills, birth certificates, bus passes, post office accounts, and their own dwp letters, hospital letters be no good to use as proof of identity?

Anyone used anything different from the above list?

Cheers all!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimeLord View Post
    Hi all!!

Quick question for proof of identity what do they use if you have no passport or driving license?

Their list is very limited but I guess there will be plenty out there with none of the above documents. So will household bills, birth certificates, bus passes, post office accounts, and their own dwp letters, hospital letters be no good to use as proof of identity?

Anyone used anything different from the above list?

Cheers all!!
    i used a bank statement and bank card, and a gas bill letter

Depends on what JC staff member you get take everything

Well I would say' take everything, but a passport I mean I dunno don't exactly look good saying you're unfit or LCWRA and showing them your capable of getting out of the country to foreign shores. I'll take my hospital letters, prescription's, Post Office card, medical and birth certificate and National insurance number and if that doesn't cut it well I'll claim asylum.

Cheers fellas!

Several years ago, I had to open a bank account after a divorce. They wanted passport, driving licence or credit card! Neither of which I had. These days they want at least one sort of PHOTO ID. So take passport. It proves you are you.!!
    Something with your national insurance number on.
    Something with your address on,
    Birth certificate good - but as you see, that has neither of the above

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Several years ago, I had to open a bank account after a divorce. They wanted passport, driving licence or credit card! Neither of which I had. These days they want at least one sort of PHOTO ID. So take passport. It proves you are you.!!
    Something with your national insurance number on.
    Something with your address on,
    Birth certificate good - but as you see, that has neither of the above
    Never needed any I.d before we became a GLOBAL state if you call DSS they can't see your passport , they ask you security questions .
    It won't be long before your photographed every time you attend a JC..
    This is the difference between ESA and UC , on ESA they know your unable to work , on UC your expected to jump through the same hoops as an able person regardless of your state of health and if you don't your claim is closed ..
    As regards passport showing your well enough to travel abroad this is the next phase of government snooping ware your passport , driving licence , medical records , will all be stored under your national insurance number available to be viewed by any public sector employee who shows an interest in you.

Sorry druid, but a passport does prove photo ID and with post Brexit looming, it will show whether you are a British citizen and whether you are in the country legally. Not to mention right to remain etc..... I don't think its anything to do with whether you can travel. I can't blooody afford to!

Timelord said in this thread that they would see it HAD been used to travel abroad and that was why I said about information being collected not to do with a passport being I.d

Yes photo I'd helps them but if you don't have any or old paper documents paper licence etc, then your birth certificate should be ample, or bus pass or disability badge if you have them. Don't think I have left the UK in 15 years to expensive and the passport cost.