Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent pip mobility help needed

Urgent pip mobility help needed

hi i recieved a letter to say they have looked at my points again, due to the case of MH legislation, and that my points have been unchanged as i "avoid going out due to psychological distress" which is b**** i have someone wothwith me because of P. D im so stressed right now. My GP may do another letter fir me again so i can do an MR, my brains overwhelmed with stress cqn someone please tell me what should be in my supporting letters to help gain points in this area. Much appreciated

Appeal to the tribunal/
    Call me Mike.

This will not affect the PIP that you currently get.

It's about the review that they have had to do following a High Court judgement about when they changed the MH descriptors they became illegal.
    So they had to change them back and review anyone who was assessed under the unlawful descriptors.

The error only affected the Mobility element and so this review only looked at the Mobility element, not the Daily Living.

You do have the right to ask for an MR of this review decision, and appeal if necessary.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

nukead

Thank you for your response the reals of evidence originally submitted demonstraing my MH and inability to leave without assistance onbs wasnt enough for them. In tjeir reasoning tjey have sqid "the MH jusdgement doesnt apply to your case, as you do not leave the house on majority of days to avoid OSD" they are aware of my weekly therapy sessions, weekly doctors apps, weekly hospitsl apps qnd the fact i have a support worker from the MH team specifically for suppirt in getting out of the house which i find contradicting. I have to ring admin at the GP surgery monday for a letter specifically relating to this. Can you please help with xhat the letter should entail,for them to see and understand i do leave the houde on majority of days only with assistance, had it not been for the assistance i get the emotional distress would be that severe that i wouldnt be qble to leave. I suffer with BP anxiety PTSD any help appreciated

QUOTE=nukecad;165029]This will not affect the PIP that you currently get.

It's about the review that they have had to do following a High Court judgement about when they changed the MH descriptors they became illegal.
    So they had to change them back and review anyone who was assessed under the unlawful descriptors.

The error only affected the Mobility element and so this review only looked at the Mobility element, not the Daily Living.

You do have the right to ask for an MR of this review decision, and appeal if necessary.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response the reals of evidence originally submitted demonstraing my MH and inability to leave without assistance onbs wasnt enough for them. In tjeir reasoning tjey have sqid "the MH jusdgement doesnt apply to your case, as you do not leave the house on majority of days to avoid OPD" although i xas originally only awqrded 4 points in this area for "prompting" which i find confusing in itself? And the points remain unchanged

they are aware of my weekly therapy sessions, weekly doctors apps, weekly hospitsl apps qnd the fact i have a support worker from the MH team specifically for suppirt in getting out of the house which i find contradicting. I have to ring admin at the GP surgery monday for a letter specifically relating to this. Can you please help with xhat the letter should entail,for them to see and understand i do leave the house on majority of days only with assistance, had it not been for the assistance i get the emotional distress would be that severe that i wouldnt be qble to leave. I suffer with BP anxiety PTSD any help appreciated. Obvs some weeks are worse, it gets that bad i cannot leave

I don't quite understand their reasoning.

If I were to appeal this I would do it on the grounds of descriptor D (10 points) or F (12 points). It would depend on your reasoning of why you have assistance every time you go out. If it's for 'moving around' purposes then the judgement doesn't apply to that section at all.

If it's for OPD then you should explain what happens when you are outside, why you need someone with you, why you can't/don't leave the home without assistance, If it's the same for familiar journeys and unfamiliar journeys etc

Also it'd have to have been relevant around 2016/2017 (the period the MH ruling relates to, can't remember exact dates), so your situation at present would have to be the same as it was back then (if not documented in an assessment I'd imagine you'd need evidence of you having help going out from that period).

Hello - Sorry to hear of your news.

Doctors letters are very important for PIP, but you must also remember to ask your doctor to put down EVERYTHING, as it can link in. It's also important to be good at writing and linking what you write to what the doctor has wrote too. Not to mention getting any other professionals to help too.

I have had to appeal twice in which it went from 2 to 22 points on both occasions, I now have a ten year award.

Thank you for your reply. Yes i have a call back hopefully today from the doctor. He is going to include everything with regards to "planning and undertaking a journey" how i need help how many days i go out with accompanyment"what would happen if i didnt have someone with me. I have a cpn from mebtal health teal but shes on leave, do you think a detqiled docs letter is enough? Or best to wait for cpn to return qnd ask her for a letter too? They have a detailed letter from 2017 on file alredy as well as my cqre plan

Remember that this is not a standard PIP re-assessment.

It's about the review that they have had to do following a High Court judgement about when they changed certain descriptors and they became illegal.

The error only affected certain descriptors for the Mobility element and so this review only looked at those particular affected descriptors, it did not look at anything else other than those particular descriptors.

If you want to challenge this review (not reassessment) then you should get help from a local advisor who knows their stuff.
    If you are challenging this review then you can only challenge the particular descriptors they have reviewed, not any of the other descriptors.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you for your reply, ive tried getting assistance but i hqve none available. Ive been reqding the descriptors requested a gp letter addressing issues in this area only. My gp doesnt understand firstly why my decision has been unchanged and secondly why i keep getting 3 yearly reviews. Hes also going to inclide whqt these regular reassessments do to me. I contacted my MP just incase i need their assistance. Someone from her office contacted dwp to be told 1stly i didnt need to send any extra info they had no idea whqt she was tqlking about-so obviously they didnt read ly wrotten MR notice that i would send in written one with extra evidence and a decision is not to be made until they recieved them.. And secondly sje was told those with MH (i have alot of physical issues too) wount get a longer award.......Out of curiosity later in the day my support worker rang up and asked same qs to be told the complete opposite...