Thread: Which 5 seater car with scooter hoist and not losing car seats?

Which 5 seater car with scooter hoist and not losing car seats?

Ive applied for a motability grant for advanced payment and scooter hoist. Am concerned as to what 5 seater car i can get that will fit a scooter hoist and a gogo elite scooter but without losing any if the back seats??? Any suggestions I need the height of suv's.
    Am in total panic about losing seats as I need 5 seats for family members. The grant people can't guarantee what size car they recommend and I'm not in a position to put much to it money wise
    Thanks

The only cars for sure that you can use 5 seats and get a fully assembled pavement scooter in it, not counting folding scooters, are 7 seats with seats 6 and 7 folded down.

Cars that I know for sure fit the bill are the KIA Carens, and is what I have but I believe is a discontinue model now, plus the VW Touran and these two cars or MPV to give them the correct name are the only 2 I know of that have not got a massive footprint being only a few inches longer than a mid-size hatchback car.

Other larger cars that fit the bill would be the likes of Seat Tarraco or Alhambro or VW Sharan and VW Tiguan Allspace. There are others manufactures who make 7 seaters but I know nothing about them but remember as the cars get bigger so does the AP you have to pay.

The other thing to be aware of is the height of the back door and the minimum for that going by the Carens I have and my scooter (Go Go Elite Traveller LX) plus hoist (AutoChair 80Kg 4-way) is 80cm.

The past few weeks I got another scooter, Pride Apex Rapid, and this one does not fit in my Carens with the seat on it so I have to remove it but luckily for me I can managed that and the only difference between the two is the GoGo is 39 inches long and the Apex Rapid is 2” longer.

It’s very hard to give someone advice on getting fully assembled scooters into the back of cars as many folk break their scooters down into smaller parts then tell you “yes it does fit” but you have to be very wary because even the experts can get it wrong.

When you found a car that looks like may fit the bill have a word with your local car dealer and also ask them who they use for installing the hoist and once you found that out, have a word with the installer but TBH I spent month after month looking at cars I could afford against ones that a scooter would fit in the back and even to the day I drove out of the showroom I couldn't be sure I got all my sums right, its a hard one to call.

A list of hoist installers can be found on the Motability website so find someone close to where you are also use the Motability advance search for finding 7 seat car or alternative, a van type 5 seat car.

https://tinyurl.com/y3doljpg

https://www.automobiledimension.com/...rch-engine.php

We have a Citreon Space Tourer 7 seats.We have the back seats dropped down and we can get 2 scooters in no problem.