Thread: ESA award query

ESA award query

Hi All,

I won my ESA (IR) appeal in Feb 2017 and am also currently on PIP. I can't remember exactly when it was awarded until but I'm fairly sure it would have been until this year. It was the same when I also won my PIP appeal in June 2017.

I had an update form sent to me for PIP last year which led to a reassessment in March 2019 which eventually went through to appeal which I won at the end of July (and has all been sorted now).

I would have expected a reassessment for ESA to have happened (or be requested) by now.

So my question is.... is there a possibility that my ESA will just end once the award end date has passed or is it the case that it is on indefinite delay whilst the managed migration process is occurring and will continue being paid until my circumstances change or I am migrated?

Thanks
    Last edited by grrrrrowl; 08-13-2019 at 06:05 PM.

ESA has no end date. There is a prognosis date, which is when they expect to reassess, but if they don't reassess at that time ESA continues until they DO reassess you.

An award of ESA does not have an end date.

(Unlike PIP which does).

All ESA awards are ongoing with a review/reassessment date, also called a 'prognosis date'.

ESA cannot 'just end' - something has to happen to end it.
    That could be being found fit for work at reassessment. (Or a committing benefit fraud).

It doesn't just run out, so you have no worries on that score.

Edit
    They are still doing reassessments, Managed Migration is a totally different thing.
    Last edited by nukecad; 08-13-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks guys, that's probably why I couldn't remember the end date