Thread: Same day payment - JSA

Same day payment - JSA

I seem to have to post this now and again, but I need help with how I can get this payment. I haven't had a SDP in nearly a year, but I know I will need one for my next payment after the bank holiday (well I need it before then)

Sadly a few weeks ago I had to request one as I had become ill and needed the help of taxis to get to the hospital (I had come sick with a respiratory infection). Despite kind of expecting them to accept this as they have my sicknote from the hospital, they still said no.

I am in the same situation next week & have other financial worries inbetween. However, I am not sure when I can request this, as my payment is due on Tues 27 Aug and I am sure the DWP send bank holiday payments out early. So I am stuck.

I don't know who to ask - Should I phone the contact centre (they have accepeted in the past?) or ask at the job centre when I sign on the Thursday?

I also don't know when to ask for this? Wednesday or the Thursday?

I also don't know the reasons to request one either? As they didn't accept the last one!

Any help is great.

If this is to get to an hospital appointment then you may be better arranging non-emergency patient transport rather than paying for taxis.

It's run by the ambulance service and is free.
    They take you there and back in a car, which you may have to share with others going for an appointment on the same day.
    I've used it myself a few times in the past.

As said it's run by the ambulance service in each area.
    For some reason I believe that you are in Yokshire? So try this:
    https://www.yas.nhs.uk/our-services/...t-service-pts/

If that's not where you are then look for your area here:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...4dUDCAc&uact=5
    (Or ask your GP).

As far as the DWP-
    You need to ask for a "Short Term Benefit Advance", they don't have to agree to give you one.

See this for more details and how to ask for one:
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-g...enefit-Advance

Another option is a budgeting loan, but they take more time to arrange so you probably wouldn't get one by next week.
    https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits

If you get no luck with any of the above then your council may be able to help with a discretionary grant.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I think you can backdate it. But same day payment seems difficult to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinMcCabe View Post
    I think you can backdate it. But same day payment seems difficult to me.
    Backdate what? How?

A SDP seems definitely difficult, I think I had one in October, which is like 10 months ago.

If you are IR then the hospital will cover a certain amount of your travel costs (not taxi) you need your apt letter and proof of benefit take this to the office who will refund your costs.
    There are sometimes voluntary organisations who will do hospital trips and the hospital will cover the full cost for these. Age concern and the rural transport scheme in my area run this excellent service.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnah View Post
    Backdate what? How?
    Ignore KevinMcCabe - he is a spammer.
    He just showed his true colours in another thread.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.