Thread: My flat is in a bad state and I don't know how to sort it quickly

Question My flat is in a bad state and I don't know how to sort it quickly

My flat has got into a really bad state (dirty, mould on the walls, broken lights, broken plumbing, heating was already broken when I moved in and still is). I know I need to get someone in to fix the broken stuff, but:
    - I'm terrified of strangers and have panic attacks and severe setbacks in my mental health if a stranger comes into my flat
    - I have OCD and will panic even more if the people touch any of my stuff, and I will have to wash every single thing they touch so thoroughly it will exhaust and hurt me
    - because my flat is in such a bad state, I'm worried that if anyone comes in, they will tell the people who own the building and I will get evicted (I have nowhere else to go).

I have been trying to clean the place up almost every day since last year, but due to chronic pain and mental health issues, it is very slow progress. I don't have any friends or family, so there's no-one to help me. And I can't get a carer or cleaner or anything like that, again because of the issue with strangers in my space and the fear that they will touch loads of stuff. Some of the cleaning takes ages, such as stains on the floor that are only starting to fade even though I've used bleach on them multiple times.

Today I found out that the shower is leaking into the flat below, so the situation is now desperate. I can wash using the sink instead, so I don't have to use the shower at all. But it's not ideal. I know this is a bad state to live in, but I can't clean the flat any faster than I am, and letting strangers in is an absolute no, because I just can't let my mental health go backwards at the moment.

What can I do? I have no idea who to turn to for support or how to get the flat into good order quickly.
    Last edited by StarlitTardis; 08-14-2019 at 11:23 AM.