Thread: Exercise & long term chronic pain and mental health issues

Question Exercise & long term chronic pain and mental health issues

I have been advised to exercise to help with my chronic pain and mental health issues.

To be able to do this I have to pace myself and still have problems with flare ups, so although it helps me a small amount mentally, it is still difficult physically.

How do PIP react to this? I am only able to be as mobile as I am due to a small amount of exercise but I am still unable to do other things or do it repeatedly.

Without going into specifics it'd be impossible to give an educated response. Just remember that the PIP descriptors generally relate to most days, so if you have improved to a point whereby most days you can get various tasks done or be able to travel etc, then you will be unlikely to accrue enough points for an award.

If however you have improved so you can do various things some days but most days you are still unable, then it would still be worthwhile making a claim.
    Last edited by grrrrrowl; 08-15-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Often an issue with MS. Exercise is good, keeps you from completely seizing up - but ooo you know about the day after. So it HELPS, but its no cure all. Therefore PIP is not changed.