Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REMINDER-Warm Home Front Scheme.

REMINDER-Warm Home Front Scheme.

Hi All, Just a short message to remind peeps that the Warm Home Front scheme (£140 towards electric bill) will soon start opening, if not already.

I know that SSE, although not strictly 'open'/accepting applications, you can complete and submit a 'reminder' telling you when scheme is open and applications welcome.

Have a good Bank Holiday Weekend!

For OVO users fill in this form for the 2019/20 fund https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...WIVRw/viewform

BG is open and I applied for mine the other day.

i received my warm home discount last year, do i have to apply every year for it,or will just be automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    BG is open and I applied for mine the other day.
    Same here, but you dont get looked at until Oct but its best to get in early, Ive been getting it for years
    PS You have to apply for it every year, but when its gone its gone so its best to apply early
    Last edited by StueyR; 08-25-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    Same here, but you dont get looked at until Oct but its best to get in early, Ive been getting it for years
    PS You have to apply for it every year, but when its gone its gone so its best to apply early
    just applied again, says i have been successful, does that mean successful filling the questions out, or i will get it again,

Heres the email from BG, they may or may not ask for proof of benefits (they have me for the last 10 years) its no hassel just send a copy of the letter from the DWP you got in Feb and thats it no prob.....yet

What happens next?
    Before you receive a payment, we may need to contact you by letter or email, to double check your income and any benefits you get. If you have provided an email address please double check your spam folders, we wouldn’t want you to miss out.

All payments will be made between 1st January and 31st March 2020. If you have a credit meter the payment will show on your statement. If you have a prepayment meter, we’ll send you a letter to take to the Post Office to top up your meter.

opening it during summer seems crazy but given it took them 5 months to process my application last winter I guess its understandable, thanks.

I wasnt asked for proof, it just took absolutely ages.

coop energy seems open but it takes you to a web page that asks for a username and password with no way to register.
    Last edited by worried33; 08-26-2019 at 02:39 AM.

Hi All & bcham, Yep, have to apply every year as done on 1st come 1st served. We've had to apply since scheme started every year. Doesn't take any more than 10-15 mins to complete online (or can apply by post if you choose).

coop energy closed phone lines for bank holiday, I will report back tomorrow on what they say about the broken application form.