Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: REMINDER-Warm Home Front Scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    coop energy closed phone lines for bank holiday, I will report back tomorrow on what they say about the broken application form.
    The Internet doesnt close for bank holdays or weekends or evenings plus theres no waiting time to get through

But there again...the phone lines dont break down...very often!

I did send an email also but given there is no one on the phones there was probably also no one to answer emails.

For a discount that's supposed to be directed at the most vulnerable in our society you have to wonder why its done this way. The most in need are most likely to forget or simply not know about it. Its strange how the energy companies will send you a letter if you owe 25p but cant inform their customers to apply for the scheme ! and as for "first come first served", what the hell is that about ? if you qualify then you qualify. Thier not actually "paying money out", their taking a tiny drop in their huge profit margins to be seen to be "doing their bit", and its not out of generosity, its a requirement for all large energy companies to participate in the scheme.

Ok I never did get a reply from my email but I noticed coop energy have now taken down the broken application form page, its been replaced with a page where you can register for interest (not application) and they stating they have not opened applications yet, so not all providers have opened up yet. If you register they will inform when they open applications so I registered.

https://www.cooperativeenergy.coop/r...our-bills/whd/

I just rang they opening mid September, apparently I will be added then as well.
    Last edited by worried33; 03-09-19 at 15:33.

Hi All, Just to let you know SSE Warm home front scheme now open-online app takes 5 - 10 minutes...although we still do not get a email confirming they have received application! I have brought this to SSE customer service attention who will pass on matter to tech dept!

I think coop energy just dont know what they doing, I will wait till middle of September as told on call. But 5 mins after the call an email was sent to say applications open In July which has of course gone.

Thank you for registering your interest for our 2019/2020 Warm Home Discount Broader Group. We are expected to open the scheme in July 2019 and will contact you within 8 weeks from the opening date. There is no requirement for you to contact us for your application form, we will contact you.

RaspberryRipple
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer69 View Post
    Hi All, Just to let you know SSE Warm home front scheme now open-online app takes 5 - 10 minutes...although we still do not get a email confirming they have received application! I have brought this to SSE customer service attention who will pass on matter to tech dept!
    Thanks that’s very useful for me.

my parents have just received a letter from scottish power saying they have been randomly selected and have to prove their eligibility for the whd scheme,is this normal? as it has never happened in the five previous years they have claimed it,i thought it was scottish powers or whoever they employ to act on their behalf job to contact the dwp to get confirmation/proof of eligibility as it asks for permission to do this on the online whd application form,this has really stressed them out because it says if they dont provide proof within 14 days of the letter which is the 14th october their application will be cancelled,has anybody else ever received a letter like this?

I would be very careful here.

It sounds very much like a scam.

That "Randomly Selected" rings all kind of alarm bells.

You don't get "randomly selected' for WHD or any other benefit.

People are sending very convincing looking fake communications to get your details and make fraudulent UC claims in your name.
    Once they do you are in real shit.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.