Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: REMINDER-Warm Home Front Scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby123 View Post
    It's ok worried they have said it's not worth the hassle for a lousy £135 anyway.
    Its £140 with British Gas and there is no hassle involved and its better in my pocket

I recently changed to Bulb from SSE as I was sick and tired of them keep putting their prices up. This move will save me nearly £300.00 a year.

Bulb dealt with the changeover without any issues and last week told me it was all done and now I'm all sorted.

Because of this, I changed all my options on their website to inform them of my 'vulnerabilities' a few days ago (they will now read the meter every three months) and at the same time applied for the WHD. I got it yesterday.

Now, that's what I call service and I just hope this continues.
    Last edited by Sky; 10-01-20 at 17:28.

SSE are selling their household energy & services business to OVO it's supposed to be complete in mid Jan no idea what OVO's like I guess I will soon find out

If I ever get it....Im not holding my breath

Just checked my SSE accounts winter bills due in the next couple of weeks so was thinking to myself I could do with the £140 when there it is I'm £140 in credit on my electricity account. First year I've been able to claim just filled in the online form

Well theres a suprise...I got it (in my gas account) and they never asked for proof of benefits, first time in 8 years

Hi starbright and esp Stueyr, (also to Sky) both posts = great news. So glad you applied and realised you were entitled. £140.00 towards current bill at this time of year is good news for anyone/everybody that is entitled and takes the 10 minutes to complete online app or even if you have to send off for paper application version, still bloodywell worth it! :-)

Only thing I would now suggest is, now you know you are entitled, mark it on calendar or even ana larm in your mob phone calendar/diary, for (think we have done it for end of August/beginning September), to check when WHF scheme for 2020/21 opens. I would even go as far as to email/contact them at that time of year asking when scheme opens, if not already. Only suggest this, for the reason that over the years, it has opened earlier, and remember, not all utility companies open scheme as same time!

I mention poster/member Sky and glad someone has mentioned they have moved from SSE to Bulb...this will be one of out intentions over the coming months. Say this as, due to fact that we are in 1 bed flat our elec bills are similar every quarter. I do carry out comparisons to see if we are likely to save with other elec suppliers, but it always results in minimal savings, by which I mean less than tenner a year & this is only because we do not pay by DD but pay quarterly. I did recently do comparison with our usage (SSE against Bulb) and we would be likely to save around 25% per quarter/year, which, if comparison is same after detailed check, we'll definitely be moving. I was also glad to see that Bulb are also doing the WHF, which I was afraid that the may not be, due to them being new company on market & no of customers. However, now that Sky has confirmed, it would be interesting to hear (if Sky reads this) what % savings they would be likely to make on their bills from SSE!

There you have it. Always apply for everything that is on offer, even if you are definite that you will not qualify, apply and let them tell you, No! You never know, they could say, Yes :-)

Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    Its £140 with British Gas and there is no hassle involved and its better in my pocket
    It wasn't me that said it was to much hassle to get a lousy £135,I just got my £140 from Scottish power and am grateful for getting it because I need it they obviously don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby123 View Post
    It wasn't me that said it was to much hassle to get a lousy £135,I just got my £140 from Scottish power and am grateful for getting it because I need it they obviously don't.

i confess it was me who said it wasn't worth trusting scottish power with with my olds personal data for a lousy £135