Thread: How long will my car be off the road?

How long will my car be off the road?

Hello

I'm not very happy. I have a wheelchair accessible vehicle that I drive myself. There is now a problem with the tailgate meaning I can no longer access the vehicle. Not a problem, or so I thought, the conversion company has a team of mobile engineers. I was not expecting them out today but I thought in 2 or 3 days. Surprise surprise-the impression I was given when I was considering getting the car versus what's happening now that I need support are different (cannot say I'm surprised, it is frustrating nonetheless).

So I have been unable to use my car today. There RAC is meant to be uplifting the car sometime tomorrow. I don't know how long they will take to transport the car but as a guide, Google maps says it's about 300 miles! Not expecting my car back until sometime next week.

Yes Motability are paying for taxis but it's just not the same.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

How long will my car be off the road

there is no crack for 5.70 jet

but is anybody able to emulate the hardlock-dongle?
    i?ve allready dumped one. but how to emulate it now?
    i?ve found somebodys who are able to. but they want to sell there progs

Hi 497

I see your post is over a week old now and hope you have your car back now. Sorry I missed your post but it’s hidden amongst all the spam on this site and I you would be more than welcome to put your mobility problems over on the whichmobilitycar forum were they have moderators on hand at most times and deal with all aspects of disabled driving and does not require, as some think, you have a Motability car.

Back to your thread, yes it is a big problem for we disabled drivers when the car has to come off the road. Its not like being an able driver where any hire car will do because being a disabled driver means in most cases having adaption to the car or having the room to get disabled equipment in the back regards to scooter, wheelchair etc.

I had my car off the road for 2 week last February after a no fault accident when I was rear-ended.

They wanted me to use taxi’s and I flatly refused because I’m not on Motability to depend on someone else turning up at my door at any given minute of the day, no, I’m with Motability because I can go where I want and when I want without sitting in house, supermarket or whatever waiting for a taxi to turn up.

They did find me a suitable car with adaptions but took a week or two to get but lucky for me my dented car was still drivable but like you said “how long” is the frightening thing because once its gone from your house there no knowing when it will be back and we hear all sorts of stories of from dealers with the likes of “where waiting for a part to come in, could be tomorrow or next week or next” you get the picture.

Anyway I hope your OK now and Google that site above but still post here too as you might get through the spam, if your lucky.