Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pip waiting times: Experiences?

RaspberryRipple

Question Pip waiting times: Experiences?

My first PIP application arrived at DWP on Monday 2nd September. I am being migrated from DLA.

Wondering how long before they initially contact you by letter?

I’d be interested to hear your experiences.

Many thanks

I had a text on 27 June to say they had received the application, I had a home assessment on the 23rd of August and the 28th of August a text to say DWP had the report and I would hear within 6 weeks.

Hope that helps.

RaspberryRipple
    Wow interesting - that’s quite a long time to wait!

Thanks for sharing and I hope your result is a good one.

I’m getting fed up waiting and it’s only been a few days! It’s the not knowing that is the hardest part for me.

Mine was about 2 months between sending the application to DWP and having the assessment.

Can’t remember exact times but I think from my bad memory it was about 2 week after sending the form back I got the date and place of the assessment.

BTW that was August 2017 so waiting times might have changed one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryRipple View Post
    Wow interesting - that’s quite a long time to wait!

Thanks for sharing and I hope your result is a good one.

I’m getting fed up waiting and it’s only been a few days! It’s the not knowing that is the hardest part for me.
    I rang for the report and have been given 14 points for daily living and 8 for mobility so now have to wait for the case manager to agree or disagree. Only another 5 weeks to wait.

RaspberryRipple
    Oh that’s amazing you got the results over the phone. Only 5 weeks! I hope it passes quickly for you.

The daily living one is the one I’m most curious about as I believe it’s rather subjective though so I will have to wait and see what happens and whether it matches my own prediction. I tried to be objective but realistic.

RaspberryRipple
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Mine was about 2 months between sending the application to DWP and having the assessment.

Can’t remember exact times but I think from my bad memory it was about 2 week after sending the form back I got the date and place of the assessment.

BTW that was August 2017 so waiting times might have changed one way or the other.
    Hi Chris thanks for sharing. Interesting to hear your timescale.
    I was told if I haven’t heard in 3 or 4 weeks to call them.
    No news is good news from what I understand.
    Looks like 2 months is about the average time for assessment.
    As you say though yours was in 2017 and I guess there are other factors such as local workloads, populations and reassessment numbers etc.

As soon as I hear anything I will post an update on this thread.

Applied 19 January
    I returned form to them late march (missed deadline so blame me for this part of delay, DWP accepted reason and was backdated to 19 Jan).
    I heard nothing until 26 June when they sent SMS, form accepted. Large delay to accept form?
    Capita rang me very quickly after this and booked home f2f.
    Home f2f 19 July
    Report picked for auditing process, delayed receipt by DWP for 2.5 weeks. They got the report 7 August.
    Decision was done in just over 3 weeks on 30 august. (this was actually good, DWP quote 4-6 weeks).

Awarded what I expected at start of claim.

SDP - extremely fast

Rang them Tuesday of this week.
    5 questions asked on phone and IS10 submitted internally.
    Quoted 6 day wait, 2 weeks absolute maximum
    DWP rang me yesterday, SDP awarded, backdated payment going in on 10 sept.
    Last edited by worried33; 06-09-19 at 13:09.

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryRipple View Post
    Oh that’s amazing you got the results over the phone. Only 5 weeks! I hope it passes quickly for you.
    Sorry that was my bad, I rang and asked for a copy of the assessment the day the text came to say they had the report. It arrived within two days, after adding up the points badly I made 12 but looked again today and have a total of 14 for daily living...…. so fingers crossed.

RaspberryRipple
    Worried33 thanks for sharing. I was also late returning my forms but they granted me a 2 week extension via a generic letter. I called them to explain I was waiting one of my doctors letters to be signed and the lady I spoke to was most understanding. I was only 2 days after the first deadline so the extra fortnight was very useful.

Glad you got what you were expecting in the end. Certainly seems like it’s not the quickest process.
    Glad you didn’t have too long after you f2f for the results.
    I put in a fair load of medical evidence but not sure it will make any difference only time will tell..