Thread: DM Disputing Report

DM Disputing Report

Hello,

I don't know if anyone has any idea about this or if it's even a good or bad thing, I know that this while process is having a big impact on both my mental and physical health, so I guess I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance and info.

I was awarded PIP in 2014, I received 18 point in mobility and 18 points in daily living, the assessor took both my mental and physical health problems into account but the award was based mainly on my mental health with 8 points in moving around, the assessor also understood that because treatment didn't work that it would probably take me a while to get better and recommended I be reviewed in 5 years to make sure that I was getting the correct care. All that's changed between then and now is that I've been diagnosed with fibrmymalgia.

Fast forward to April 2019, I had my assessment April 4th, my Son requested my report 3 weeks later, the adviser was puzzled as they hadn't received it yet and said she would request it, I had a text the next day to say they had now received it, this was April 25th, fast forward again to September 2nd, it has been just over 18 weeks that I'd been waiting (now 19) so my son called to check what was happening, she did the usual it takes 12 weeks atm etc. but when my Son told the adviser it had been 18 weeks she went off and investigated, she came back and told my son that the DM was disputing the report and had sent a form twice to the medical centre I'm with requesting further information and the reason it was taking so long is because the medical centre hadn't responded. My Son called the receptionist said without checking my records that they were aware of it and were waiting for a GP to sort it out, so I emailed the practice manager about it who has spoken to another manager and they are meant to be looking into it. I'm worried because my award is due to end in November.

In regards to the report, it was nothing like my first one, he didn't acknowledge my mental health problems, didn't check the evidence, didn't back up why he thought I didn't have mental health problems with evidence, just used no input, no meds, didn't state it on the questionnaire or the assessment as excuses and yet there was evidence explaining why I didn't take meds and pretty much why I don't receive any treatment anymore, he contradicted himself in the report and honestly, it was pretty much him copying and pasting the same things all the way through and even went as far as to lie, he dropped me down to 8 points which is fine but not when he's trying to claim I don't have MH problems and make it all about my psychical health. I was annoyed at the report for several weeks and it really messed with my head, I've had a couple of meltdowns where I've had to take myself off to my bedroom and sit in there because I felt so bad.

Has anyone else's reports been disputed, is it a good or a bad thing and what sort of things are asked on the form? (Just wondering if I need to contact the GP and speak to them as they don't know me that well at the medical centre).

Thanks in advance

It does happen that the DM will see that an assessment report is not to an 'acceptable standard' - so they send it back with a 'Must try harder'note.
    He may even have compared it with your previous report and queried why it was so different.

Apparenty this happens to up to 1 in 20 of all assesment reports.

Obviously your DM saw that your report was very wrong and so sent it back. (Twice).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for your reply @nukecad (don't know if @ works on here lol).

I have no idea who's sent what or even what the form is asking for! All I know is that my Son was told the DM was disputing the report and that two forms had been sent to the Medical Centre I'm with and no one has responded, hopefully now I've chased it up with the practice manager someone might look into it and will get the form sorted. Would they usually ask the last GP you saw to fill it in or do they just give it to whoever? None of the GP's really know me at the current medical centre, I've been there for 5 years but don't go in very often due to my anxiety, they are well aware of my mental health and physical health problems though. I'm assuming the GP would use their common sense and go through my medical records.

If the DM has compared reports then I would imagine that they were sat scratching their head! I cut something from part of my first report. I hope it's ok to share.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	report.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	2174

I honestly don't know how some of these assessors can tell the lies that they do, especially when they've knowingly been recorded. There as no need for him to do/say what he did with the report, all he's done is made it harder for everyone and caused unnecessary stress.
    Last edited by Amathyst; 09-08-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Ahh not sure if you can see the pic I tried to post, says it's pending approval.

They can take time to be approved and show up for other users to see.

It's visible now but I'm not sure that it tells us much extra from what you have already said.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    They can take time to be approved and show up for other users to see.

It's visible now but I'm not sure that it tells us much extra from what you have already said.
    I was showing you what the assessor pretty much ignored from the first report

Assessors don't see your previous PIP assessment paperwork. Each new assessment starts with a blank slate - the reasoning being that they are assessing how you are now rather than how you were last time.

i dont think ANY DM can actually DISPUTE what has been said by a professional medical person , what a DM can do is ask for "clarification" of some points that are not clear? , this is not disputing this is the DM trying to fit rules and points into what a report is saying ..

Noisynoodle - Yeah that's not what I read in my report, it lists in the front under "list of evidence considered" the PA4 from when I was originally assessed and he also refers to it in his report and also I've been told they do have access to previous reports via a lot of other people.

Druid - Those were the worse used by the adviser on the phone, she stated the DM was "disputing" something in the report and had asked for further info from my gp. Their words, not mine.

What I've said in my posts are what was either in my report or have been stated by the DWP, it's not things I've pulled out of thin air and made up

Thanks for the responses, take care.
    Last edited by Amathyst; 09-30-2019 at 01:24 PM.