Thread: Lcwra payment

Lcwra payment

Hello everyone.
    I am on uc and my assessment date is 21st of each month and I get a standard allowance of 317 of 28th of each month. I provided my 1st sick note on 17 June and just last week I have been approved for lcwra. The question is will I get the extra money at the end of this month?
    Thanks in advance

The rule with UC is that the extra element payment for LCWRA is due from the end of 3 full monthly assessment periods following the assessment period when you first provided proof of limited capability.

EDIT- Just to add - The first evidence of LCW provided can be a self-certification fit note, the first one doesn't have to be a doctors fit note.

What that means in practice is that if you are awarded LCWRA then your first LCWRA payment should be made in/from the 5th payment after you started providing fit notes.

ie. Fit note provided> end of that monthly period> 3 full monthly periods> (payment is due from then), so should be included in the next payment.

So from what you say then your first LCWRA payment should be included in your payment on 28th Oct.
    Last edited by nukecad; 09-09-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

So my 1 sick note was 17th June, since then I have provided another 2 sick notes.. Technically a 4th sick note was due next week but not any more and my assessment period ends on the 21st of this month..
    So the the extra money will be end of next month then right.. Not this month

If your monthly assessment period is 21st to 21st, then you got your first fit note in just before that on the 17th June.

So 21st June, + 3 more monthly periods = 21 July, 21 August, 21 Setpember.

LCWRA is payable from then, so should be in the payment for 21 Sep to 21 Oct.

To put it another way-
    Your payments since you handed in your first fit note should have been - 28 June, 28 July, 28 August, 28 September.
    So the 5th payment, which should include LCWRA, will be 28 October.

Thanks a lot guys for clearing this up. Also I have a advance payment and a budgeting. Both deffered for 3 and 6 months.. Will they try and deduct it from the extra money?

As far as I am aware deductions of any kind are only made from the Personal Allowance. (Benefit cap excepted).

There is some debate about just how much they are allowed to deduct, but it's never supposed to be more than 40% of the PA (even in fraud cases).

I believe there is legislation in place to cap recovery of advance payments to a maximum of 30% of PA.
    No doubt the DWP will interpret that as all advances must be repaid at 30% of PA.